A Tale of Two Salty Sailors

So, a friend and I decided to go sailing. He was Woodie and I was Wilson. We thought we had everything we needed, which was just a steering wheel and a mast. 

Then came the maiden voyage of our vessel. I unfurled the sail, and gave the wheel a spin to set it off. All went well. Until, of course, I finished the loop I had planned on making. My idea was to sail a small loop, then come back to shore. That’s what happened, too. Except, I didn’t realize that sails are quite hard to control. 

CRUNCH. 

That is the sound of a boat hitting land sickeningly hard and springing a small leak. Not a problem, I thought.

Welp. 

I was wrong. I quickly rushed to the bee field, killed a bee, grabbed its stinger, then rushed back, crafting a patch on the way. I got to the boat, jumped on, frantically spammed the button, and…

I repaired the boat’s durability. 
So, I had to run back, get another stinger, and make ANOTHER boat patch. Sigh. 

So, with that out of the way, I thought we were ready. I crafted a deck illuminator for light, Woodie jumped on, and we bravely set sail. We traveled a mighty 200m, approximately, and met up with a branch of the same landmass we were already on. So we headed back to our base. As we came in, I realized “Hey, maybe we’re coming in a bit fast. I should slow down.”

It was too little, waaaay too late. 

CRUNCH.

Yet again, the boat crashed. Yet again, it sprung a small leak. Unfortunately, this time, it was joined by a large leak. We leaped onto the shore, watching our dreams sink in a pile of boards, rope, and silk. Right then, we decided to leave the ocean, boats, and sailing alone for a good while, until we could work up the materials to be safe in any eventuality. 

Thus ends the tale of two brave men of the sea. 

20 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Need an anchor too lol

Yeah, afterwards I wondered whether we should have had an anchor, too. 

All in all, it was pretty humbling to realize that just because I’ve memorized half the wiki doesn’t actually mean that I have the ability to act upon that knowledge. 

Archived