Don't keep updating the game

In short, please do not continue updating the game by adding content if since the Port came out it is a horrible experience, everyone who has tried it on Switch has had a bad taste in their mouths, if only they would fix the exaggerated delay when attacking and moving ...And maybe disable the 30fps solo limit since the game hits it perfectly without problems.

Definitely a lot of issues. Your problem, I'm assuming, is you're playing with people that aren't near you.

When I host, others have a lot of delay when they're far from me. If they host I get delay.

When I play with others in the same region as me that delay is almost non existent and I can kite properly, but only if we're in the same region and they have a good connection as well.

You must also take into account some people are playing handheld and wifi so if you're joining someone's room and they're in a different country/far while playing handheld and with a poor wifi you're going to have a bad time and there's not much I think Klei can do. That's an issue with many Nintendo games.

But there are definitely other things they need to address

• Shopcat 1

Posted (edited)
On 2/20/2024 at 11:16 PM, CrimsonStrider said:

Definitely a lot of issues. Your problem, I'm assuming, is you're playing with people that aren't near you.

When I host, others have a lot of delay when they're far from me. If they host I get delay.

When I play with others in the same region as me that delay is almost non existent and I can kite properly, but only if we're in the same region and they have a good connection as well.

You must also take into account some people are playing handheld and wifi so if you're joining someone's room and they're in a different country/far while playing handheld and with a poor wifi you're going to have a bad time and there's not much I think Klei can do. That's an issue with many Nintendo games.

As I said, I play alone... Thanks for your comment but personally it doesn't affect me because I play completely alone xd... The delay is real, play with the predictive disabled and you will see the brutality of the delay... 

For someone who likes to kill a lot of low-prep enemies and bosses, it's a huge annoyance to know that you're going to take damage when it's not going to be your fault.

Edited by Detaki

On 2/20/2024 at 11:16 PM, CrimsonStrider said:

On 3/7/2024 at 10:04 PM, Detaki said:

As I said, I play alone... Thanks for your comment but personally it doesn't affect me because I play completely alone xd... The delay is real, play with the predictive disabled and you will see the brutality of the delay... 

For someone who likes to kill a lot of low-prep enemies and bosses, it's a huge annoyance to know that you're going to take damage when it's not going to be your fault.

Not sure what you're talking about then. I have both PC and Switch versions. The only huge difference in kiting is due to difference in analog stick vs keyboard. 

Have you tried running DST without any homebrew enabled? As in, booting into OFW? I've had it affect other games in weird ways before, and the work around was booting into OFW.

On 3/16/2024 at 6:03 AM, CrimsonStrider said:

Not sure what you're talking about then. I have both PC and Switch versions. The only huge difference in kiting is due to difference in analog stick vs keyboard. 

Have you tried running DST without any homebrew enabled? As in, booting into OFW? I've had it affect other games in weird ways before, and the work around was booting into OFW.

Of course, the keyboard or analog thing has absolutely nothing to do with it... What I mean is that for example when moving and attacking on console there is a huge delay of up to 2 seconds, it is very noticeable many times when you do quick actions and the character has to stay still to perform one and then cancels the others, the other problem is that in addition to the delay, on the Switch the character attacks approx 1.25 slower and it is quite noticeable in fights where yes or if you Obviously, this one in OFW or CFW has nothing to do with it, plus I have it in OFW too since my game is from Steam... I hope I've made myself understood and I hope I have a video showing it but klei took down the post, I guess it was very obvious ^^'

• Like 1

I understand what you're saying. I'm telling you, very specifically, I do not have a 2 second delay or any delay when attacking. I'm telling you, very specifically, there is no noticeable difference between PC and Switch in that regard, other than keyboards having more accurate movement and no input errors due to joystick snapback. I have both versions.

None of the people I play with have the issues you mentioned. The only issues they have are latency related. 

I have no ideas what you mean by saying you have it on “OFW since it's from Steam”. That makes no sense. Are you playing on an emulator?

CFW does occasionally have issues with games. I couldn't play some games with CFW like resident evil revelations because it crashes when trying to open. With DST I have issues with game crashes and game stuttering that none of my friends have. I don't know if that's unique to me, and if it's due to CFW or just an old struggling Switch.

Can we send DMs here? Maybe you can send me a YT link to help me understand, because I've never had your experience playing this game.

I'm gonna have to agree with Detaki on this one. There's some sort of weird lag that makes it very difficult to kite some things. For example against tallbirds I literally can only hit them once instead of 2-3 times per hit because the lag is too much. I also have to err on the side of caution versus bosses and bring extra everything. The only thing that "solves" this for me is getting double bone armor. 

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

4 hours ago, CrimsonStrider said:

I understand what you're saying. I'm telling you, very specifically, I do not have a 2 second delay or any delay when attacking. I'm telling you, very specifically, there is no noticeable difference between PC and Switch in that regard, other than keyboards having more accurate movement and no input errors due to joystick snapback. I have both versions.

None of the people I play with have the issues you mentioned. The only issues they have are latency related. 

I have no ideas what you mean by saying you have it on “OFW since it's from Steam”. That makes no sense. Are you playing on an emulator?

CFW does occasionally have issues with games. I couldn't play some games with CFW like resident evil revelations because it crashes when trying to open. With DST I have issues with game crashes and game stuttering that none of my friends have. I don't know if that's unique to me, and if it's due to CFW or just an old struggling Switch.

Can we send DMs here? Maybe you can send me a YT link to help me understand, because I've never had your experience playing this game.

It's crazy that you don't have that experience... And that's great, huh! Maybe you don't kitte and that's why you don't realize ^^' regarding the ofw, I'll explain... I have the game purchased for Nintendo Switch, so when I play with my console without the unlock, I can play with my game that is linked to Steam, so I have all the DLC characters and my skins, I exported this save and loaded it into cfw to play Don't Starve Together at 60fps, if it wasn't for the fact that it's locked at 30 because... Xdxd, I would play it on ofw, but as I say, I have online and paid play

Of course I kite. I'm trying to help make sense of this situation. Because if I'm confused I assume any devs reading this will be too. But it seems like you're trying to make excuses for why I don't see what you do, and that's not helpful.

I still don't understand what Steam has to do with this. I have a feeling Steam has nothing to do with this, so let's drop it for now.

What do you mean by playing on cfw? Are you playing on the actual switch, or an emulator/Yuzu?

If you're playing on an actual switch, what CFW are you using? 

I'm going to assume:

You play mostly on an emulator for 60fps (computer).

Does this issue occur on both Emulator and the Switch? 

Do you use a controller when playing on emulator? 

Does this issue disappear when playing the DST on your PC, through the original application/Steam? 

@loonreaper

I don't think you can normally hit 3 times. Not taking into account animation canceling.

If you lock on to a tall bird, it becomes much easier to hit 2 times fairly consistently. Because you only need to walk away from the tall bird, then press Y to attack. Pressing Y will immediately turn you around while locked on. However, there's definitely some issue with the joystick. I'm you've done this before, when trying to select some in your inventory you sometimes go past it, or move one slot less than expected. Or, sometimes when adjusting settings/filters, it gets “stuck” reading a input (to a very minor degree) in one direction. That may or may not be what makes kiting much harder on console, some sort of issue with how the game reads analog inputs on top of analog sticks having their own issues with snapback and precision.

Remember, the targeting on PC just generally seems better as well. If you move away, without being locked on, it feels like the Switch version has guesswork regarding what the player wants to interact with. 

If, while hosting a server and being locked onto something, you notice a delay from when you press Y to when you begin to run and attack, then definitely post a comparison video to help show the devs what you're seeing, but make sure it's on original hardware without running any CFW.

Edited by CrimsonStrider

On 4/28/2024 at 9:40 AM, CrimsonStrider said:

Of course I kite. I'm trying to help make sense of this situation. Because if I'm confused I assume any devs reading this will be too. But it seems like you're trying to make excuses for why I don't see what you do, and that's not helpful.

I still don't understand what Steam has to do with this. I have a feeling Steam has nothing to do with this, so let's drop it for now.

What do you mean by playing on cfw? Are you playing on the actual switch, or an emulator/Yuzu?

If you're playing on an actual switch, what CFW are you using? 

I'm going to assume:

You play mostly on an emulator for 60fps (computer).

Does this issue occur on both Emulator and the Switch? 

Do you use a controller when playing on emulator? 

Does this issue disappear when playing the DST on your PC, through the original application/Steam? 

@loonreaper

I don't think you can normally hit 3 times. Not taking into account animation canceling.

If you lock on to a tall bird, it becomes much easier to hit 2 times fairly consistently. Because you only need to walk away from the tall bird, then press Y to attack. Pressing Y will immediately turn you around while locked on. However, there's definitely some issue with the joystick. I'm you've done this before, when trying to select some in your inventory you sometimes go past it, or move one slot less than expected. Or, sometimes when adjusting settings/filters, it gets “stuck” reading a input (to a very minor degree) in one direction. That may or may not be what makes kiting much harder on console, some sort of issue with how the game reads analog inputs on top of analog sticks having their own issues with snapback and precision.

Remember, the targeting on PC just generally seems better as well. If you move away, without being locked on, it feels like the Switch version has guesswork regarding what the player wants to interact with. 

If, while hosting a server and being locked onto something, you notice a delay from when you press Y to when you begin to run and attack, then definitely post a comparison video to help show the devs what you're seeing, but make sure it's on original hardware without running any CFW.

First of all, you have been the first and only person who has been confused about the issue, Klei is aware of this and in fact they deleted a post where I uploaded a video demonstrating the terrible input lag in real time on a Nintendo Switch, you also know I will explain each point and send a demonstration video again.

It's simple, Klei not long ago gave the option to link Don't Starve Together accounts from Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Steam, etc... I play with my linked Steam, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One account. . I mean I have the DLC Characters, Skins and Skill Tree on both my Nintendo Switch and Steam, capichi?

CFW is the unlock/magic/unlock of the Nintendo Switch, call it what you want

It doesn't matter which CFW it is, the game doesn't change, plus I mention that I also play it on my Nintendo Switch in original mode, I mean it's literally a console without anything "pirated"

No haha, I play on my Nintendo Switch with a mod to remove the stupid 30fps lock, since the Nintendo Switch is capable of running the game at 60fps even in V1

I imagine that in any Emulator and Nintendo Switch it will be the same, since it is a problem of how they programmed the input lag in the port to Nintendo Switch

Again, I play on my Nintendo Switch and it uses the original Joycons that came with the Console

On the other consoles and PC, a curious input lag also occurs, although it is only due to activating caves... In the same way, it is not at all noticeable as with the Nintendo Switch, here there is a problem with both the programming of the Input Lag and how the attack delay itself works

@loonreaper

In fact, it is possible to attack a Tallbird with 3 hits each time, for example with the Beefalo you can take up to 7 hits if you do it perfectly (if you use attack cancel you may be able to add 1 or 2 more hits to the above)

Nothing to see friend, in fact I feel that kitting with a Joystick is much more comfortable thanks to the option of blocking a mob (looking specifically at him so to speak) the problem (I repeat) is that the programming of the input lag and how many times you can hit this programmed evil in a row... I imagine that it must be a problem similar to the Alien Insolation Port on Nintendo Switch, although the big difference is that this game is not survival and does not require the Input Lag to be null, Plus it's not multiplayer either.

That's true but it's not my point... I'll try to upload a video with the demonstration in real time but as I told you, they previously took down a post for that reason even though the game was purchased by me and I got the game by playing with the Nintendo membership (since if you don't pay online you don't have a way to link accounts)