Looking back at Wigfrid's songs

Some of wigfrid's songs provide decent buffs for herself and her teammates but a few of these songs are completely underwhelming or kinda bland per say

Fireproof Falsetto: there isn't really a better explanation about this song other than its just plain bad. No one will use it. It even has an obscure resource cost which requires wigfrid to fish near barnacles. I had hoped that wigfrid's skill tree could improve it somewhat but since the tree isn't focused on wigfrid's songs, it's mostly unchanged

Affinity songs: While 10% extra damage/defense for the whole party against the other affinity seems nice, for perks that require beating the hardest of bosses, the do look bland. Numbers don't bring fun in the table. Keep in mind that you have to build up inspiration to have these effects on and cost post rift materials to make. What they bring to the table is quite miniscule even if we equate skill tree perks as a bonus for the characters (we legit have to beat CC and AFW to even unlock these)

Battle stingers: there are 2 ways you'll be able to use these songs, 1 is while fighting strong foes or a long battle with a horde of enemies, 2 is with the new perk which adds an excessive amount cooldown but can be used anywhere. Since these songs still don't have that amount of impactful effects, the changes don't really aid in it's use and as such, they'll still be underutilized. 

Startling Soliloquy only does 4 seconds of fear which is too short to do any substantial impact in fights against a horde of enemy. This leads us to try and spam it against bee queen and the varg but that doesn't even work that well in practice. The cooldown perk also doesn't help much in this regard

I very much hoped that wigfrid's skill tree made her songs much better (don't get me wrong, I love the arsenal and beef) but the songs didn't have much substantial changes that could change my mind and convince me to use them

I'm open for discussions, and I hope Klei considers this topic

1 minute ago, mykenception said:

10% extra damage/defense

it's 5% damage 10% absorption 

3 minutes ago, mykenception said:

the new perk which adds an excessive amount cooldown but can be used anywhere

you still need the amount of inspiration that the songs require for a single use to use them even if you have that perk, it just doesn't get spent 

2 minutes ago, grm9 said:

it's 5% damage 10% absorption 

oh my god it's worse than I thought :(

9 minutes ago, grm9 said:

you still need the amount of inspiration that the songs require for a single use to use them even if you have that perk, it just doesn't get spent 

so the cooldown perk is just negligible now,  *sigh*

Archived