Job assignment time leading to VERY annoying situations- needs to have a delay

The dupe task assignment being instants and not factoring distance creates ridiculous situations that sometimes can be mitigated with prios or restricted access doors, but sometimes they can't- falling materials near ladders will create situations where dupes are stuck on ladders trying to catch stuff indefinitely. without ever succeeding.

There needs to be a delay between an event and a job assignment, i.e falling item should have a delay before the job can be assigned to it, yes its nice to catch matts after deconstructing tiles/ladders but maybe keep that only for the 'yellow alert' prio. also finishing a job by a dupe should have a delay before next task is assigned, this way we wont have dupes running around across the base when we want to build new ladders in two places at once- this is extremely annoying, and yes doors help, but this means i have to babysit them.

A different game I play solved this by creating a min time before the event can trigger a job task, they also take account distance, but i think the delay will help a lot here with min investment.

9 hours ago, cyberwarlord said:

Sounds like you should try the proximity setting.

seems like the setting has very little impact for scenarios with prio, even then some jobs make dupes run around back and forth.

The whole point of this post was to outline importance of DELAY for job assignment, building ladders is impacted the most and proximity setting has no impact on that- and this is just one example of the issue, whatever get in the way of pathing of dupes is impacted by this. The jacobs ladder issue still persists and has to be solved by restricting access with automation

Archived