Jump to content

Thoughts on the willow and wigfrid skill tree's so far (and a few bugs i found)


Recommended Posts

I knew that willow as gonna be next in line of the skill tree's as it felt like a givin but wigfrid was a surprise! being one of my top 4 characters i use its gonna make me play wigfrid even more than before. 
so first things first willow. besides as of the current moment of her combustion skill crashing the server opon using it on bees (i dunno i used it once on some bees it shut down the server and never touched it again) fire ball is really cool! spend like 4 embers and stack fireballs to regain all your sanity in 2-3 mins cook stuff on it (cause uncontrolled fires) really good skill!
controlled burning is great for thos that wanna abuse the stunlock on mobs that panic on fire without turning their loot into ash is a great quality of life. (also means you can light enemys on fire in base now with the skill) hungry lighter can turn willow into a really good anti grief/fire accident character for bases. and bernie is very interesting and now can be used above the insanity threshold!

speaking of bernie im gonna guess his affinity's making him extremely tanky against everything in the game is unintended and if it is im gonna miss it. seeing a shadow bernie just take hit after hit after hit against a boss was absolutely glorious and had me take alot of notes (example shadow bernie takes the same damage from shadow affinity mobs as lunar bernie douse) Hopefully it stays otherwise im gonna be seeing a ton of lunar bernies running around and kinda just want a bernie that just tanks nightmares and shadow affinity stuff better than the lunar one.

wigfrid time!

so wigfrid is interesting and already has me making a meme build out of it where you go full tank so i dont have much notes on the lightning spear or the spear's besides the lightning one can cross gaps (really strong trick btw) the shield can only be used by wigfrid so you cant bulk up a wurt or a WX to silly levels with it so fair enough. the last second block into damage dont work ATM but i guess its getting patched.  Im gonna test the shield against all bosses probably tomorrow along side with the new rider stuff.

rider notes (AKA Beefy beefalo)

first 3 skills are really good for the early game of beefalo taming (tho i havent done a damage test on the 3rd skill but im guessing it means more damage) 15% faster domestication is pretty big as it takes hours to tame a beef. 30% extra ride time can make early game beefalo taming more duable and not just getting bucked off every few seconds to eventualy few mins, and the 3rd skill i havent tested yet sry, 4th skill is interesting allowing wigfrid to make a sattle that ups a beefs damage slightly and grants 40% armor but grants the slowest of speeds (even slower than the war saddle by 5%) is a price to pay for nearly double beef health and 49 damage a hit (just 1 damage off to that magic 50 damage hit) and 39 damage for others that aint wigfrid.  i can see wigfrid players leaving the bell in the back lines for a boss fight and using the beefalo as free damage and armor till it almost dies than making it retreat and fighting the rest herself with that new saddle

new songs and affinity
so fighting words is..... a bit lack luster the cooldown is a bit long for fights its most used for and instead is changed for everyday use (such as easy pigman kills or fighting groups of mobs)
the one for reviving allys can be used for boss fights where you know our allys will die often or used with fighting words for a team revive every 8 mins (I dare someone to use it without fighting words and a woody moose)
and affinity even if the songs you get cant be obtained unless you either defeat the day walker for the lament or activate rifts for both shadow or lunar though settings or defeating the respective bosses DO note that you still get a 10% defense boost against mobs with the same affinity and 10% Total damage boost against the opposing side so its not a dead perk early game. along side the fact the songs grant a tier of affinity as well but for all allys so wigfrid can gain 20% herself and 10% to anything (like maxwells puppets or fellow riders)

lastly i just wanted to throw in there a full set of affinity armor would probably look like this if your going full defense or full offense (% armor-25% natural armor- 10%affinity+ 10% per affinity armor + affinity song(basically 40% affinity defense)) and for offence (25% physical damage boost-10% affinity total damage + 10% affinity weapon + 10% helmet plus weapon affinity set+ affinity song (so 40% total damage boost on affinity alone))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Merefailninja said:

besides as of the current moment of her combustion skill crashing the server opon using it on bees (i dunno i used it once on some bees it shut down the server and never touched it again)

I THINK that was adressed although i'm not sure.

5 minutes ago, Merefailninja said:

(% armor-25% natural armor- 10%affinity+ 10% per affinity armor + affinity song(basically 40% affinity defense)) and for offence (25% physical damage boost-10% affinity total damage + 10% affinity weapon + 10% helmet plus weapon affinity set+ affinity song (so 40% total damage boost on affinity alone))

that sounds quite great since wolfgang and wanda can outdamage her. the majority of people want damage stats or defense stats on her. however we already got that in wolfgang, idk how things are gonna play out but maybe they're gonna add more ultility to her and focus there. I like your idea but I don't think that's her "theme" maybe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Merefailninja said:

49 damage a hit (just 1 damage off to that magic 50 damage hit)

If that’s true then that’s probably the most unsatisfying and painful thing in the game after the Grass Suit (comedy)

Hopefully it will get adjusted 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Merefailninja said:

lastly i just wanted to throw in there a full set of affinity armor would probably look like this if your going full defense or full offense (% armor-25% natural armor- 10%affinity+ 10% per affinity armor + affinity song(basically 40% affinity defense)) and for offence (25% physical damage boost-10% affinity total damage + 10% affinity weapon + 10% helmet plus weapon affinity set+ affinity song (so 40% total damage boost on affinity alone))

not necessarily, but close -

wigfrid has a base 25% resistance against every damage source except crafting damage

her affinity from her skill tree then provides her a  10% damage resistance from the same faction, which stacks with other affinity sources; namely an aligned armor piece and her 5% alignment song. so when combined together (0.75*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.95), she gets 48% extra affinity resistance against an aligned enemy (which is applicable to planar damage).

so a wigfrid with a full affinity armor set,  skill tree alignment, and alignment song will have 89.6% resistance against your own faction! (which can be increased even further by using higher tier armors)

as for affinity damage, pre-rift she'll only have her base skill tree alignment and affinity song, which already grants her (1.1*1.25*1.05) 44% damage increase against the opposite faction.

post rift, she gets armor and weapon affinities too, so she'll get a (1.1*1.1*1.1*1.25*1.05) 75% damage increase against aligned enemies when using an "aligned" weapon with its respective helmet.

however, the only currently aligned weapons happen to have effectively half of their damage made of planar. but, while wigfrid's base 25% damage doesn't impact planar damage, the affinities do.

so the ultimatum is that wigfrid gains an effective 57% damage increase (1.125*1.1*1.1*1.1*1.05) when utilizing her full affinity power.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2023 at 5:14 PM, lenship2 said:

not necessarily, but close -

wigfrid has a base 25% resistance against every damage source except crafting damage

her affinity from her skill tree then provides her a  10% damage resistance from the same faction, which stacks with other affinity sources; namely an aligned armor piece and her 5% alignment song. so when combined together (0.75*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.95), she gets 48% extra affinity resistance against an aligned enemy (which is applicable to planar damage).

so a wigfrid with a full affinity armor set,  skill tree alignment, and alignment song will have 89.6% resistance against your own faction! (which can be increased even further by using higher tier armors)

as for affinity damage, pre-rift she'll only have her base skill tree alignment and affinity song, which already grants her (1.1*1.25*1.05) 44% damage increase against the opposite faction.

post rift, she gets armor and weapon affinities too, so she'll get a (1.1*1.1*1.1*1.25*1.05) 75% damage increase against aligned enemies when using an "aligned" weapon with its respective helmet.

however, the only currently aligned weapons happen to have effectively half of their damage made of planar. but, while wigfrid's base 25% damage doesn't impact planar damage, the affinities do.

so the ultimatum is that wigfrid gains an effective 57% damage increase (1.125*1.1*1.1*1.1*1.05) when utilizing her full affinity power.

didnt realise the affinity song was a 5% my bad. but thank you for the extra stuff i forgot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2023 at 3:48 PM, Kubicska said:

If that’s true then that’s probably the most unsatisfying and painful thing in the game after the Grass Suit (comedy)

Hopefully it will get adjusted 

Unfortunetly yes. also affinity is uneffected as well as well as affinity defense even wigfrids songs wont work

20231205190547_1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...