Willow skill tree feedback and suggestions.

((()))-> options (?)-> questionable

image.png.c70f306e81f9a77c0da8b7c26b1c5639.png

Hungry Lighter - unchanged.

Ember tender - unchanged

Controlled burning - Fires you set won't spread unless provoked (igniting it again). Burnable loot will just smolder.  Increase creatures burning time.

Ember Storage - Learn to craft the pyropot, a storage container with 4 slots maximum for storing a total of 160 embers. (?)

(((fuel hungry))) - Fires you create will last for longer (including campfires). Torches and willows lighter has 100% chance to ignite targets

fuel hungry (old burning duration) could take  place with fire fighter 2, removing it.

Fire fighter 1 - Enemies on fire take 10% more damage when hit.Fire deals more damage overtime.

(((Fire fighter 2))) - Enemies on fire take 5% more damage when hit. Fire deals even more damage overtime. (if this is removed, fire fighter 1 deals 15% instead, but I separated this to make people focus either on damage or ultility as you can see for the ember sttorage perk)

Spontaneous combustion - unchanged

(((Fire Cell))) - learn to craft night fires, costs 2 nightmare fuel and 1 ember. Each Night Fire can be placed (will instantly activate), creating a Night Fire Ball on the ground that will attract all creature in a circle for 40 seconds. Hostile creatures (except giants and hard mobs) will stand next to the light while angry (eg. spiders screaming, hounds baying, pigs confused etc.). once the light is gone the creatures will go back to normal. If a hostile mob is hit it (and all it's relatives) will agro instantly on the attacker. the night fire ball looks like a night light flame mixed with ember, and it sheds its fuel slowly around a small area around it, representing it's duration visually. each night fire placed will reduce willow sanity by 10. it has a sanity aura of -40. (?)

if fire cell not doable:

(((night light lover))) - learn to craft night embers, costs 4 ember and 2 nightmare fuel (they taste bitter). night embers can be consumed for a temporary black light around willow that lasts for 2 days. (fireball will make no sense if this exist)

Path locked is = learn 6 lighter skills to unlock

Burning frenzy - for 40 seconds, every third hit will generate an ember if the enemy is on fire.

Fire ball - unchanged.

patch up 1 - unchanged

patch up 2 - unchanged

bearly sane 1 - unchanged

bearly sane 2 - unchanged

fast bear - bearnie movespeed is increased. (?) this one can change and another more necessary perk could be put here

Path locked is = spend atleast 5 points in bearnie section.

tough stuffling 1 - unchanged

tough stuffling 2 - unchanged

hot headed 1 - igniting bearnie will make his attackers also take damage.

hot headed 2 - igniting bearnie will make his attacks deal 25% more damage.

shadow fire raiser -  reduce damage to count for this ->throws 4 beams in the front and 2 in the back instead. inflicts shadow fire (same as fire but black [deals planar fire damage])

lunar fire raiser - range is a bit lower. inflicts freezing burns (same as fire but blue-ish [deals planar fire damage])

please klei take some in consideration. willow is one of my favorite characters in the game, i'll be upseat if the final release is too close to what we have. it's kinda weird right now with the placement. the version I did is somewhat good and gives the player a little bit more choice although has it's flaws. need feedback on this. can we have something like this? or maybe take some ideas.

Also I think you should be able to choose between using bernie or using your ember skills in your playthrough, but being able to do both also. maybe the ember being required on the top there could be changed? but it's quite there I think 

On 12/2/2023 at 2:24 PM, Swiyss said:

((()))-> options (?)-> questionable

image.png.c70f306e81f9a77c0da8b7c26b1c5639.png

Hungry Lighter - unchanged.

Ember tender - unchanged

Controlled burning - Fires you set won't spread unless provoked (igniting it again). Burnable loot will just smolder.  Increase creatures burning time.

Ember Storage - Learn to craft the pyropot, a storage container with 4 slots maximum for storing a total of 160 embers. (?)

(((fuel hungry))) - Fires you create will last for longer (including campfires). Torches and willows lighter has 100% chance to ignite targets

fuel hungry (old burning duration) could take  place with fire fighter 2, removing it.

Fire fighter 1 - Enemies on fire take 10% more damage when hit.Fire deals more damage overtime.

(((Fire fighter 2))) - Enemies on fire take 5% more damage when hit. Fire deals even more damage overtime. (if this is removed, fire fighter 1 deals 15% instead, but I separated this to make people focus either on damage or ultility as you can see for the ember sttorage perk)

Spontaneous combustion - unchanged

(((Fire Cell))) - learn to craft night fires, costs 2 nightmare fuel and 1 ember. Each Night Fire can be placed (will instantly activate), creating a Night Fire Ball on the ground that will attract all creature in a circle for 40 seconds. Hostile creatures (except giants and hard mobs) will stand next to the light while angry (eg. spiders screaming, hounds baying, pigs confused etc.). once the light is gone the creatures will go back to normal. If a hostile mob is hit it (and all it's relatives) will agro instantly on the attacker. the night fire ball looks like a night light flame mixed with ember, and it sheds its fuel slowly around a small area around it, representing it's duration visually. each night fire placed will reduce willow sanity by 10. it has a sanity aura of -40. (?)

if fire cell not doable:

(((night light lover))) - learn to craft night embers, costs 4 ember and 2 nightmare fuel (they taste bitter). night embers can be consumed for a temporary black light around willow that lasts for 2 days. (fireball will make no sense if this exist)

Path locked is = learn 6 lighter skills to unlock

Burning frenzy - for 40 seconds, every third hit will generate an ember if the enemy is on fire.

Fire ball - unchanged.

patch up 1 - unchanged

patch up 2 - unchanged

bearly sane 1 - unchanged

bearly sane 2 - unchanged

fast bear - bearnie movespeed is increased. (?) this one can change and another more necessary perk could be put here

Path locked is = spend atleast 5 points in bearnie section.

tough stuffling 1 - unchanged

tough stuffling 2 - unchanged

hot headed 2 - igniting bearnie will make his attacks deal 25% more damage.

shadow fire raiser -  reduce damage to count for this ->throws 4 beams in the front and 2 in the back instead. inflicts shadow fire (same as fire but black [deals planar fire damage])

lunar fire raiser - range is a bit lower. inflicts freezing burns (same as fire but blue-ish [deals planar fire damage])

please klei take some in consideration. willow is one of my favorite characters in the game, i'll be upseat if the final release is too close to what we have. it's kinda weird right now with the placement. the version I did is somewhat good and gives the player a little bit more choice although has it's flaws. need feedback on this. can we have something like this? or maybe take some ideas.

Also I think you should be able to choose between using bernie or using your ember skills in your playthrough, but being able to do both also. maybe the ember being required on the top there could be changed? but it's quite there I think 

I think spontaneous combustion could maybe be either changed or removed.

Fire cell could get nerfed honestly and also hot headed 2 having the ability to ignite bernie with a firestaff.

Pretty good suggestions all around in the original post. 

Some points I'd make:

• Ember storage: I think it'd be fitting if embers were stored in Willow's lighter (something like how enlightened crown has slots for spores), but something like this could work regardless of what it's stored in.
  • I don't think fast bear should be required to access the bottom of Bernie's tree.
  • I noticed there's 3 skills at the bottom of Bernie's tree but you only have descriptions for two (Hot headed 1 & 2). What would the third do?
  • The changes to lunar and shadow fire sound good conceptually (especially shadow), but I'd need to see the actual numbers before deciding if it's a good idea or not.

6 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

I don't think fast bear should be required to access the bottom of Bernie's tree.

True, i kinda made it to be there just for the sake of someone telling me otherwise is better haha.

6 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

I noticed there's 3 skills at the bottom of Bernie's tree but you only have descriptions for two (Hot headed 1 & 2). What would the third do?

Thats the regular one that sets bearnie on fire

I didn't post the description nor the name of it there so idk what it's called cause I'm on the phone now.

1 minute ago, Swiyss said:

Thats the regular one that sets bearnie on fire

Isn't that the same description you gave for Hot Headed 1? Or am I missing something here?

On 12/2/2023 at 11:24 AM, Swiyss said:

For reference, the current skill reads:
"Burning Bernie
Igniting Bernie will give him a fiery aura for a short time. Enemies that attack an ignited Bernie will take damage back."

Yeah i meant to make hot headed the one that does that, and I had one called stuffings pump or big bear friend or something like that. One would make bernie drop stuffing on the ground, and picking those stuffings you would use to fix him in battle, he would fall like the sharkboi and dayealker instead of going small but I thought it was too much or maybe didnt fit the theme. Alternatively he would drop embers and you would level up a skill to heal him instead of the current healing ones(they're pretty bad) someone recommended this in the forums.

The other one was that the closest you were to bearnie the lower the damage, and stepping out away from him in the range for max damage would make him attack faster

On 12/4/2023 at 3:05 AM, Swiyss said:

Yeah i meant to make hot headed the one that does that, and I had one called stuffings pump or big bear friend or something like that. One would make bernie drop stuffing on the ground, and picking those stuffings you would use to fix him in battle, he would fall like the sharkboi and dayealker instead of going small but I thought it was too much or maybe didnt fit the theme. Alternatively he would drop embers and you would level up a skill to heal him instead of the current healing ones(they're pretty bad)

The other one was that the closest you were to bearnie the lower the damage, and stepping out away from him in the range for max damage would make him attack faster

But we need more perks to control bearnie better.

The healing would not be too much and the ember would not drop that consistently so it's not infinite health, but rather maintenance of the bear as a summoner.(idea).

Another one I have is something that makes him attack faster for 3 attacks after recieving an ember/moon attack(if align)/shadow attack(if align) or maybe using any brightshade gear would make him attack slightly faster overall, same with void gear.

Archived