Suggestion on Wigfrid's Commander Helm

There are many excellent helmets in DST, and some of them provide good protection. Like Battle Helm, its high cost-effectiveness is suitable for combat content in the early and middle stages of the game and gives us a deep impression. So we usually see Wigfrid as a craftswoman who produces cheap helmets. But when we consider the Commander Helm, we will find its tragic cost-effectiveness, which is partly attributed to the UNSUITABLE blue feather. Without the birds book of Wickerbottom, the Commander Helm can't be easily manufactured and distributed to companions. When fighting against non-planar enemies, it seldomly gives a better performance than two Battle Helms, let alone Thulecite Crown and Dreadstone Helm. Even when facing planar enemies, it can't perform much better than Brightshade Helm. It has a special function to prevent being knocked off, but Marble Suit can do same thing with lesser cost. In fact, being knocked out a few times isn't such a fatal thing. As Wigfrid's specific helmet, what position should it occupy in the game? At least for now, its significance is not prominent.

If we consider Commander Helm as a kind of advanced helmet, we SHOULD NOT expect it to replace or be replaced by a certain helmet. I think Commander Helm doesn't need to have a good protective performance, and can be a powerful functional equipment like Scalemail and Bee Queen Crown. Because Wigfrid's defense and endurance are enough. The produce cost can even be higher as long as the power and uniqueness are appropriate. In my assumptions, the function of Commander Helm should fit the descriptive words of "Commander" and "Viking Queen", which indicate Wigfrid's significant role on battleground when there are multiple players. So the Battle Songs would match it well. Through equipping Commander Helm, the Battle songs of Wigfrid can give more powerful effects. That means each Battle Song can obtain varying degrees of reinforcement based on it's own practicality. Then the meaningless Fireproof Falsetto and Rude Interlude can be saved, and Battle Songs can be a bit more useful even in the single player situation. Besides, the cost or cooldown can be halved by equipping Commander Helm. Finally we can determine it's basic attributes, maybe 75% defense, 8 planar defense, 945 duration, 120 insulation and 20% waterproof. The possible enhancement of Battle Songs might be as follows:

• Weaponized Warble: duration save 25%→33% (25%→50% for Wig)

• Heartrending Ballad: health regenerate per hit 1.0→1.5 (0.5→0.75for Wig)

• Clear Minded Cadenza: sanity regenerate per hit 1.0→1.5 (0.5→0.75 for Wig)

• Bel Canto of Courage: sanityaura reduce 50%→67% (50%→75% for Wig)

• Fireproof Falsetto: fire damage reduce 34%→90% (34%→100% for Wig),  extinguish all flames and smoulder in the range

• Dark Lament: damage from lunar foes reduce 5%→10%(5%→10% for Wig), damage to lunar foes increase 5%→10%(5%→15% for Wig),  Wigfrid's attack and Clear Minded Cadenza will reduce enlightment

• Enlightened Lullaby: damage from shadowy foes reduce 5%→10%(5%→10% for Wig), damage to shadowyfoes increase 5%→10%(5%→15% for Wig), sanity cost of shadow magic will be slightly lower

• Rude Interlude: enrage enemies frequency 1 time per sec→30 times per sec

• Startling Soliloquy: intimidate enemies 4 sec→7 sec

• Warrior's Reprise: the resurrected companions will have a 4 sec invulnerability

It's only my personal view, the appropriate way of enhancement requires bold creativity and rigorous testing.

10 hours ago, Saladmander_030 said:

There are many excellent helmets in DST, and some of them provide good protection. Like Battle Helm, its high cost-effectiveness is suitable for combat content in the early and middle stages of the game and gives us a deep impression. So we usually see Wigfrid as a craftswoman who produces cheap helmets. But when we consider the Commander Helm, we will find its tragic cost-effectiveness, which is partly attributed to the UNSUITABLE blue feather. Without the birds book of Wickerbottom, the Commander Helm can't be easily manufactured and distributed to companions. When fighting against non-planar enemies, it seldomly gives a better performance than two Battle Helms, let alone Thulecite Crown and Dreadstone Helm. Even when facing planar enemies, it can't perform much better than Brightshade Helm. It has a special function to prevent being knocked off, but Marble Suit can do same thing with lesser cost. In fact, being knocked out a few times isn't such a fatal thing. As Wigfrid's specific helmet, what position should it occupy in the game? At least for now, its significance is not prominent.

If we consider Commander Helm as a kind of advanced helmet, we SHOULD NOT expect it to replace or be replaced by a certain helmet. I think Commander Helm doesn't need to have a good protective performance, and can be a powerful functional equipment like Scalemail and Bee Queen Crown. Because Wigfrid's defense and endurance are enough. The produce cost can even be higher as long as the power and uniqueness are appropriate. In my assumptions, the function of Commander Helm should fit the descriptive words of "Commander" and "Viking Queen", which indicate Wigfrid's significant role on battleground when there are multiple players. So the Battle Songs would match it well. Through equipping Commander Helm, the Battle songs of Wigfrid can give more powerful effects. That means each Battle Song can obtain varying degrees of reinforcement based on it's own practicality. Then the meaningless Fireproof Falsetto and Rude Interlude can be saved, and Battle Songs can be a bit more useful even in the single player situation. Besides, the cost or cooldown can be halved by equipping Commander Helm. Finally we can determine it's basic attributes, maybe 75% defense, 8 planar defense, 945 duration, 120 insulation and 20% waterproof. The possible enhancement of Battle Songs might be as follows:

• Weaponized Warble: duration save 25%→33% (25%→50% for Wig)

• Heartrending Ballad: health regenerate per hit 1.0→1.5 (0.5→0.75for Wig)

• Clear Minded Cadenza: sanity regenerate per hit 1.0→1.5 (0.5→0.75 for Wig)

• Bel Canto of Courage: sanityaura reduce 50%→67% (50%→75% for Wig)

• Fireproof Falsetto: fire damage reduce 34%→90% (34%→100% for Wig),  extinguish all flames and smoulder in the range

• Dark Lament: damage from lunar foes reduce 5%→10%(5%→10% for Wig), damage to lunar foes increase 5%→10%(5%→15% for Wig),  Wigfrid's attack and Clear Minded Cadenza will reduce enlightment

• Enlightened Lullaby: damage from shadowy foes reduce 5%→10%(5%→10% for Wig), damage to shadowyfoes increase 5%→10%(5%→15% for Wig), sanity cost of shadow magic will be slightly lower

• Rude Interlude: enrage enemies frequency 1 time per sec→30 times per sec

• Startling Soliloquy: intimidate enemies 4 sec→7 sec

• Warrior's Reprise: the resurrected companions will have a 4 sec invulnerability

It's only my personal view, the appropriate way of enhancement requires bold creativity and rigorous testing.

You're a godsend this is an amazing idea. The helmet would make you want it more than anything in the game.

the bad side of this is that how do you make she choose to change to brightshade/void head slot armours? Her late game would be slighty compromised

I think some of the number could be nerfed also, just for the sake of balance.

Well,, actually,, the item could undertake a rework and be split into 2; 1 helmet for shadow and 1 for lunar alignment.

You would fix both problems, it being op and the current allign songs being really bad and lazy.

however that would take some work.

4 hours ago, Swiyss said:

You're a godsend this is an amazing idea. The helmet would make you want it more than anything in the game.

the bad side of this is that how do you make she choose to change to brightshade/void head slot armours? Her late game would be slighty compromised

Well,, actually,, the item could undertake a rework and be split into 2; 1 helmet for shadow and 1 for lunar alignment.

You would fix both problems, it being op and the current allign songs being really bad and lazy.

The number is just an unfinished idea, which needs rigorous test. In my opinion, the Commander Helm need to be excellent in multiple players battle and can be an alternative in singer player battle. We can increase its produce cost to balance its function. Actually Commander Helm is expected to have lower protection to indicate another way of battle, and Wig can smartly use the special skill of lightning spear or battle rond to avoid being hit. The Brightshade Helm/Void Cowl and Marble Suit can simply reduce the damage from vines of Brightshade to ONLY 1, which means the brightshade/void head slot armours still have their advantage.

FE3F7D362743F7EBDFD42A61227DCF52.jpg

15 hours ago, Saladmander_030 said:

(0.5→0.75 for Wig)

this song doesnt have reduced effects on wigfrid unlike the ballad, but thats a small nitpick.

overall the suggestion is amazing, lower damage reduction with higher durability would make the repair function less awful than it is right now. Song suggestions are also well thought out but one thing i would change is how the buff works on bel canto, because even with the recommended buff it does the same thing as the void robe but arguably worse (i dont have any good changes in mind but this song is really bad as it stands currently).

5 minutes ago, NoodlemanNed said:

this song doesnt have reduced effects on wigfrid unlike the ballad, but thats a small nitpick.

overall the suggestion is amazing, lower damage reduction with higher durability would make the repair function less awful than it is right now. Song suggestions are also well thought out but one thing i would change is how the buff works on bel canto, because even with the recommended buff it does the same thing as the void robe but arguably worse (i dont have any good changes in mind but this song is really bad as it stands currently).

We can only get the void robe after beating AF, but bel canto can be produced in the very early stage of the game. I think it can perform better in the battle against bosses with high sanityaura, like AF and deerclops. Because the cadenza just play a same role as cuisines.

4 minutes ago, Saladmander_030 said:

We can only get the void robe after beating AF, but bel canto can be produced in the very early stage of the game. I think it can perform better in the battle against bosses with high sanityaura, like AF and deerclops. Because the cadenza just play a same role as cuisines.

from my own experiences ive found the song to be pretty much useless.

i tested against deerclops and with just a hambat and no sanity gear, wigfrid only loses about 15 sanity during the fight. just going through the singing animation on such a short fight to save a measly 7 sanity doesnt feel particularly worthwhile.

against fuelweaver there used to be a much better case for the song, because even though bee queen crown does its job better maybe you havnt killed her yet and thats reasonable. the issue with beta wigfrid is that now she can spear dash through woven shadows. pairing this with the better sanity song gives you so much sanity back ive been able to finish fights without dropping below 100 sanity, thats just the cadenza alone when combined with the spear.

maybe there are some other situations it could be useful in but the 2 examples you brought up were by far the best use cases for the song and even then it doesnt feel great. at least fireproof falsetto feels like it does something if you try killing klaus without the aid of your movement keys.

12 hours ago, Swiyss said:

wigfrid's 5+8 planar defense from the skilltree and the commander helmet and 25%dr make her tough enough.

and also commander helmet have only 2 less planar defense than the brightshade helmet, it's not a big deal

23 hours ago, Saladmander_030 said:

So we usually see Wigfrid as a craftswoman who produces cheap helmets.

This is only because her helmets were easy to craft, and superior in early game - and not locked to her.  Nothing about her is themed as a craftsman.

The commander helm is made for HER, and its unique perk to use her life steal when her health is full is its purpose.

Normally you have these situations:

I am dodging / kiting => I am losing DPS to avoid damage, protect my armor, lower my investment.

I am tanking / trading => I am gaining DPS but am losing armor, increasing my investment.

But with Commander helm we have:

I can tank and trade some, then dodge and kite to heal and repair.  I get more DPS then dodge / kite only, but also do not increase my investment.

I do not think her helmet needs anything more - also I think having it increase ALL of her songs is a lot for 1 skill point...  If you want upgraded songs then suggest skill points for it instead of beefalo maybe.

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

This is only because her helmets were easy to craft, and superior in early game - and not locked to her.  Nothing about her is themed as a craftsman.

It is not a value judgment, but a description of her real situation. She must be able to do something special with her helmet, rather than troubled by blue feathers just for crafting a few more Commander Helm.

I am dodging / kiting => I am losing DPS to avoid damage, protect my armor, lower my investment.

I am tanking / trading => I am gaining DPS but am losing armor, increasing my investment.

It's just ridiculous. We need higher DPS to beat down your enemies faster to save your materiel and reduce the risk of taking more damage.  Defeating each boss is a process of exchanging resources, that means the most efficient way should show a balance between low investment and low risk. Tanking to gain higher DPS just has the order reversed and wastes your resourses. Or maybe your time investment is more precious, like you need a quick finish in order to having your dinner sooner?

I can tank and trade some, then dodge and kite to heal and repair.  I get more DPS then dodge / kite only, but also do not increase my investment.

If you actually conduct a test, you will find the speed of repairing is just a drop in the bucket compairing the duration loss when fighting against the giants.

also I think having it increase ALL of her songs is a lot for 1 skill point...

It does sound a bit of an exaggeration. But We ALL know how conservative and inappropriate the Battle Songs are in this version. It mainly serves the situation of multiplayer games, but there are also many times when we play alone. It's important to reduce the gap in skill point selection between two situations, rather than let some player complain that there are several meaningless points for single player and there choices are limited.

Archived