Wigfrid Shield feedback

I really liked the shield, but just where it is placed makes it a little bit underwhelming, as it feels bore basic than the spear and currently competes with it.

My Feedback:

Shield:

• The initial cooldown of the shield should be removed, I've seen another forumite asking for this, but I will go a little further;
  • While using the blocking function, the damage should consume the shield durability;
  • The perk that gives damage after blocking should be changed to be based around the amount of damage that was blocked (so from 10 flat damage to maybe 20% of the blocked damage), this way you'd have a better way to have more skill expression and paired with the previous suggestion, you'd be sacrificing the shield durability for more damage.

Spear:

• Make the range of the spear dash a little bit bigger (~10%) so it can be used to cross land pieces more easily.

affinities:

• I think that both affinities songs should be changed to have an actual effect, they could even be changed to be like the stingers;  

34 minutes ago, Valase said:

I really liked the shield, but just where it is placed makes it a little bit underwhelming, as it feels bore basic than the spear and currently competes with it.

My Feedback:

Shield:

• The initial cooldown of the shield should be removed, I've seen another forumite asking for this, but I will go a little further;
  • While using the blocking function, the damage should consume the shield durability;
  • The perk that gives damage after blocking should be changed to be based around the amount of damage that was blocked (so from 10 flat damage to maybe 20% of the blocked damage), this way you'd have a better way to have more skill expression and paired with the previous suggestion, you'd be sacrificing the shield durability for more damage.

Spear:

• Make the range of the spear dash a little bit bigger (~10%) so it can be used to cross land pieces more easily.

affinities:

• I think that both affinities songs should be changed to have an actual effect, they could even be changed to be like the stingers;  

That's amazing. I just disagree with the shield having no cd, Guille just wanted that cause he likes to min max buttons and rely more in his skill rather then in game knowledge, although he has that too, just more finger skill.

But if we actually do that then whats the point of using the shields damage? People would just swap last second, protect, and then switch back to a high damage weapon. I feel like you can't have the best of both weapons at the same time cause that would make Wigfrid too op compared to other fighting characters. Atleast every character can still cancel animation so we're not that far gone.

Yeah, both songs need some change, as well as the shield not consuming durability. The spear feels good already to me, but making it bigger would require too much tuning no? If they can manage it then it's a good thing. I feel like the shield is already veeery good, specially against bosses like dragonfly and deerclops, since the amount of gear you would use to tank could be transcribed into shields. Also the recipe is something I was asking for. We need more things costing pig skin and cow fur since the BS repair kit came out. So it being unique is a good step. 

I just don't know about making so other people can use the defense perk of the shield, it would make a lot of characters kinda op, imagine a wolfgang with all his damage perks not taking damage from high end bosses. I feel like IF we have a wig on the team THEN it could work. Like some encouragement song that allows allies to use the items perks, that sounds good to me.

9 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

I feel like you can't have the best of both weapons at the same time cause that would make Wigfrid too op compared to other fighting characters

it wouldn't even be that good because the time saved by blocking instead of kiting is very small and it'd only be useful when you can't kite for some reason 

10 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

-

disagree with the initial CD or no swapping CD making her OP.. she still wouldn't outdps wolfgang by quite a large margin. it's fine to give her the tank niche while keeping some advantages over other characters (since her +25% damage modifier already fits in with that)

there are still other characters that outdamage her if you don't care about pure survivability, and she was already very durable before the skill tree so i don't see how now she's overpowered

6 minutes ago, Trips said:

disagree with the initial CD or no swapping CD making her OP.. she still wouldn't outdps wolfgang by quite a large margin. it's fine to give her the tank niche while keeping some advantages over other characters (since her +25% damage modifier already fits in with that)

there are still other characters that outdamage her if you don't care about pure survivability, and she was already very durable before the skill tree so i don't see how now she's overpowered

It would definitely be weird to take no cd, no durability, and have 2 shields to swap them last time while also being able to dash, you know what I mean? Thats why cooldowns exist.

i meant more like if you use the shield's ability and swap to a different weapon or another shield, the block cooldown would persist. but if you weren't holding the shield beforehand, and then you equip your shield or spear, your cooldown should be ready immediately. 

36 minutes ago, Trips said:

i meant more like if you use the shield's ability and swap to a different weapon or another shield, the block cooldown would persist. but if you weren't holding the shield beforehand, and then you equip your shield or spear, your cooldown should be ready immediately. 

Then people would use 2 shields

Archived