[SOLVED] Spriter File Not Updating?

(For those who saw my previous post on the same problem, there were too many new discoveries and it was so messy so I took down the post and made a new one, which is this one.)

Hello,

I have been making many images for the custom items in my mod.
Most work fine (They were all non-equippable so far), but then I ran into problems when making the images for my hat and tool.
The tool and the hat do not show in the correct locations in game, such as the hat pressed into the character's head or the tool hovering outside their hand. 

To solve this, I attempted to modify where the items appeared in Spriter, but despite them looking perfectly fine in Spriter, when I loaded up the game (despite the Spriter file being saved), they were still in the wrong locations, nothing has changed.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by BombardmentPigs

You need to set the pivot in your spriter project, for tools it's the point where the player's hand will be. I don't know what it should be for hats or body pieces, never made those, but a similar concept should apply. You could try decompiling one for reference to see where the pivot ideally should be.

If you don't know how to change the pivot, here:

image.png.fefcfd245435a77b9c0c102a82ee78b3.png

Basically you double left click on your swap image and move that little cross I'm pointing to with an arrow to the spot you want.

• Thanks 1