quick feedback on QOL changes n sum new ideas.

Hi, I recently came back to the game and already complained a lil on here- this one should be a bit more constructive (i hope)

The most significant changes I saw are 'Move Command', Instant Automation Toggle Switches and Disconnect (the scissors)

-the move command: Excellent, hands down the best change due to its simplicity and the utility it provides.

-instant Switches: I memeber when those required dupes to interact with (like disabling buildings) yes we don;t need to cheese the game with temp/atmo sensors anymore. I think its a bit cheaty but its a good compromise. But this line get crossed with the

-SCISSORS: very cheesy imo. trivializes almost all ducts/pipes/switches unless you want them to be 100% hands off you don;t need to use any automation. simply cut/redirect flow on the fly. I think this should be at least requiring the dupe to perform the cutting and has the appropriate skill to do so. also cutting filled conduits should spill the liquid/gas- this will stop me from controlling stuff in sealed areas with 0 investment/pre-planning. 

NEW Suggestions:

-'do not touch' flag for items (dupes won't ever pick up these objects/mats but the automatons will ignore this flag. Basically oppose to 'Sweep' command.

-ability to multi select for move command (basically allowing move to be like sweep, with its own button) furthermore if the above idea ever makes it, allowing to drag select items and then decide what to do with them (Sweep/move/do not touch) would be ideal

thank you and have a great day every1!

Archived