General suggestions for QOL

Well, first i would like to thank @DiogoW for his excelent work in regards to the single player bundle, i mean, that was some solid work, however, i still feel like there are some issues that need addressing, as a consequence i created this thread, where i strongly encourage others to post their issues as well, now while we have the chance..

Food

1. Coffee is providing way too much movement speed (over 80%) and it also stacks with other movement speed buffs, it kind of feels like cheating, my suggestion would be to nerf the movement speed of coffee, and maybe compensate with some hunger reduction or increased speed while doing chores

2. Monster Lasagna could use some buffs in regards to restoring hunger, that way characters such as webber and wigfrid would have more variety in terms of food choices

3. Ice filler I don't know if this was addressed, but being able to use 3x ice as filler in crock pot dishes is a little bit excessive

Items

1. BatBat is too expensive for what it offers, i feel like the recipe should be cheaper

2. Darksword is a little bit too expensive compared to other weapons, it could also use a cheaper recipe

3. Supreme Cutlass is way too cheap to craft, i feel like the recipe should be changed, and damage reduced a little bit, since it has no downsides

4. Bioluminescence since it is a consumable, i feel like it only makes sense for it to be renewable, maybe add it as a drop in the quacken chest ?

Mobs

1. Quacken right now it has the same health as a tree guard, and the rewards are end game content, i feel like at least a significant health buff should be considered, after all it's a boss fight

2. Swordfish respawn timer is 30 seconds, i feel like that is way too low for a mob that is easy to kill and provides components for some of the strongest items in game, being able to gather materials for 10 supreme cutlass in one day is way too much

3. Boat knights gear drop rate is excessive, i feel like it should be greatly decreased, gears shouldn't be so available, i always end up having chests full of them

Characters

1. WX-78 is the most powerful character in don't starve no doubt, and that's fine to an extent, but the fact that he can reach over 22 movement speed with coffee, overcharge and movement speed items, when the default movement speed of characters is 6 kind of breaks the game, i'm not a fan of drastic nerfs when it comes to characters, but we could at least make him unable to drink coffee

2. Wigfrid let her drink coffee, right now she is not even an option

Structures

1. Obsidian firepit light radius should be reduced considerably, right now it's way too excessive, it completely lights up an entire island

Misc

1. Reveal map radius should be increased slightly, right now it's lower than the player's fov

2. Roads should have an option to be disabled from world gen config just like in DST

3. Worlds should have their own calendar (days), that way players will not have to deal with Aporkalypse on day one when travelling to Hamlet

Other

1. Tar lamp could use some buffs, right now it's useless

2. Pumpkin lantern could use a rework

3. Fireflies "examine" interaction should be removed while not wearing a bug net, that way they could be used for decorating the base without blocking interactions with structures located behind (such as chests)

Food

1. Coffee -the face of the late game Shipwrecked. It makes no sense to weaken end game items. 
And weakening Coffee can have a bad effect on the strength of Iron armor in Hamlet ( to fight bosses )

2. Monster Lasagna -

The lasagna monster exists only as a punishment. It would hardly make her useful even if she had 75 satiety.
And if the developers have not changed it even in the DST for 10 years, then they certainly will not change it in the DS.

3. Ice filler - Ice and cactus break the basic concepts of DS.  
But here is the same argument. No weakened in DST and in DS will not weaken.

Items

1. BatBat - in Mega Update, Bat has already become cheaper (just like in DST). 
I don't think they will make the item cheaper again. He's not bad enough.

2. Darksword - This is one of the strongest types of weapons. It's very easy to create them in RoG. Shipwrecked has its own stronger counterparts, just like Hamlet.

3. Supreme Cutlass - Its main problem is how often Swordfish appear. And it is needed in order to be a replacement for Dark sword in Shipwrecked.

4. Bioluminescence - There is a lot of bioluminescence in the world that would be enough for 1000 days, which is too much.
In addition, there are fireflies and tar (although it is bad).

Mobs

1. Quacken - yes, he needs an increase in health to at least 2500. As for Palm Treeguardians.

2. Swordfish - I agree.

3. Boat knights -I agree. This makes Iron Wind too strong, which is why even Feather Lite Sail is more expensive and difficult to extract.

Characters

1. WX-78 - It is better to make its negative sides more dangerous. But it is unlikely that we will wait for the weakening of the character after 10 years ( In DST he was made even stronger like most of the characters )

2. Wigfrid - this is a good and balanced character in DS, who does not need power-ups. And instead of coffee, Wigfrid can use Tropical Bouillabaisse.

Coffee is a sweetness. If Klei is allowed to eat coffee, then they will have to allow her to eat the rest of the sweets. And this already makes her meat diet not such a strong minus.

Structures

1. Obsidian firepit - Why weaken the end game bonfire ?

Misc

1. Reveal map - Yes. But this can lead to the fact that the map is being explored too quickly.  There is not as much useful research in DS as in DST.

2. Roads -All DS generation settings should be reworked... We still don't have any settings for generating pezer and ruins

3. Worlds - Rather, you need to make sure that the Apocalypse has its own countdown, which only works if the character is in Hamlet

Other

1. Tar lamp - I agree. It should be an analogue of the Bottle Lantern, not an analogue... torches...

2. Pumpkin lantern - would make the duration of the pumpkin lantern at least as in DST ( it is 5-6 times longer ).

3. Fireflies -This was not deleted in the DST. So they won't delete it in the DS either.

It's strange that you didn't mention other items 
Mechanics and... bugs...

1. Coffee - it's not really late game content, you can gain access to it pretty easily, and you cannot argue that it is not overpowered, when some characters can reach 3.5x movement multiplier, that's cheat level speed, in my opinion characters should reach at best a 2x speed multiplier, and that only in the context of wearing 2 movement speed items + coffee

2. Monster Lasagna - We can have it both as a punishment and a viable option for some characters, having it as an alternative to meatballs for some characters would bring a little variety

3. Ice - using it as a filler for crock pot dishes was actually nerfed in DST (any use of more than 1 ice as filler will turn into wet goop)

4. BatBat - didn't notice they reduced the price in the latest updates, my bad

5.Darksword - it was made cheaper in DST as far as i know, it's a little bit expensive and inefficient compared to other options because of it's negatives

6. Supreme Cutlass - well, that could be an option

7. WX - I'm fine with his stats, except for his movement speed reach, 3.5x multiplier is insane

8. Wigfrid - i guess buffing Tripical Bouillabaisse to last for two minutes instead of one could be enough (coffee lasts 4 minutes)

9. Obsidian firepit - It doesn't matter that it is late game content, the radius is way too much, it feels out of place..

10. Map reveal - everything i see should be revealed on the map, end of story 

1.  Coffee -  Volcano is a hard-to-find biome. And in fact the only reason to explore the ocean after 20 days. 
In it, you can also craft obsidian items - the strongest things in Shipwrecked

2.Monster Lasagna - It will be changed only if it also changes in the DST

3. Ice -It is forbidden to use more than 1 ice only in Uncompromising mode.

In DST, you can also cook food from 3 ice

4. BatBat It's nothing scary

5. Darksword -  In both games, it is crafted from 5 horror fuel and 1 live log. 
This craft was before 2013 year.

There comes a time in the game when there are a lot of resources to create a shadow sword. As well as ways to restore sanity

6. WX -  In DST, he has circuits that give him more speed than in DS. And then they will also add a skill tree in general, it will be creepy.
So DS WX is not so strong yet

7.Wigfrid - Yes, Tropical Bouillabaisse needs to be strengthened. Like squirrels tee.

8.Obsidian firepit -This is literally his only plus.

9. Map reveal - Well, probably yes

Archived