Server not responding on day 130

Hey, we are two new players of the game and we greatly enjoy it. 

We play online, and today on game day 130 after we have done some exploring in the caves, the game began to slow down, there was significant lag (previously we had at most about half a second) and eventually after we quit and restarted the game, we got the server "not responding" message.

We play on PS5.

Any idea what might cause this?

We wouldn't want to lose our progress.

By looking up various articles online I think that the problem could be the fact that we explored the caves. It certainly coincided with the performance issues.

So,  if this is the issue (the hardware limitations of our consoles in handling the expanded environment) if we deactivate the caves, is there any way to compensate for the items we are losing access to?

Anyway, thanks for taking a look at this and any answers.

Have a great day.

An update:

We deleted all saves, deleted and reinstalled games in both consoles and the problem persists.

We can both connect to the official open servers but not to each other.

Both the other player and myself can connect and meet on a public official server but neither the other person nor me can host a game the other one can join.

This continues  to happen after two clean installations of the game.

I am quite perplexed about what is happening, since we were gaming together up until a few hours ago.

Any help is most welcome, thanks in advance.

Further update:

After both of us disconnecting everything from power we finally managed to connect.

It was a troubleshooting step we overlooked, we have been just restarting consoles and routers so far.

After unplugging everything from power things seem to have returned to normal.

So anyway, this seems resolved right now.

Have a great day.

Archived