Growing algae

As the title say, it would be nice to grow algae. The plant would require a water environment and be completely submerged. For fertilisation: phosphorite?

Also, if algae become more accessible, new recipe that use algae, like sushi (fish+algae and maybe nosh bean) could be nice.

Fair enough, would just like alternative late game oxygen production strategy to be explored. I think I tried to calculate once the ration of puff´-slime-algae required to keep a colony alive in term of oxygen and gave up since it is so much more convoluted then an SPOM...

31 minutes ago, cyberwarlord said:

Sushi uses seaweed.

True, but since there isn't seaweed in the game, algae came in mind. But, instead, the new recipe could use waterweed lettuce. Still not seaweed but close enough for in game purposes?

1 hour ago, Pproy said:

Fair enough, would just like alternative late game oxygen production strategy to be explored. I think I tried to calculate once the ration of puff´-slime-algae required to keep a colony alive in term of oxygen and gave up since it is so much more convoluted then an SPOM...

True, but since there isn't seaweed in the game, algae came in mind. But, instead, the new recipe could use waterweed lettuce. Still not seaweed but close enough for in game purposes?

Yeah, I was going to try making floral scented alge using puffs for controlled bursts. But it dies on everything so fast. There is potential there if it lived on organic solids.

It would be interesting to see a block that grows over the surface of polluted germ water. Then it's sustainable with the challenge of germs and off gassing.

Once you have enough sand produced you can try a polluted oxygen scrubber. From water, vents, Morbs. Make lots of ceramic as well.

There is also a Oxygen farm converting co2. 

Side note.

I'd personally like to see electric seaweed as a alternative pacu food source. I think you can dry seaweed or kelp for lime. Maybe another alternative source there as well, fact check it.

Archived