Special tasks brought by Duplicants

To developers

While the players are playing the game, a wish in one of the Duplicants' heads suddenly appears on the screen.

"I want to live alone for 10 cycles with zero stress in a room with 5 types of domesticated animals."

A special task has arisen for players.This is just an example of a special task.Of course, players can ignore this task, but good things may happen if they complete it.

It could be an increase in Duplicants' abilities, like the one Duplicants get with Neural Vacillator. Or the Duplicants may make items that players would never be able to make. In this case, it's an animal toy that increases the animal's happiness.

The latter would be preferable since the former ability improvement system already exists.

By randomly generating special tasks (specific and complex wishes) brought by Duplicants, the game can provide players with an unprecedented sense of fun and accomplishment.

Alternatively, developers can make it occur every certain cycle, such as 25 cycles, to help keep players motivated.

To non-developers

I welcome any constructive ideas that follow the "topic theme = Special tasks brought by Duplicants".

However, this topic does not ask for introductions to mods.

If you would like to provide other players with mods information related to this topic, please consider creating a new topic in the Mods and Tools forum and posting there instead of posting in this topic.

[Oxygen Not Included] - Mods and Tools
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/204-oxygen-not-Included-mods-and-tools/

I hope that you will take actions to avoid making each other feel bad.

P.S.
The good thing about this system is that it doesn't require the presence of a hermit, and developers are free to add special tasks to the game as long as ideas stick.

To increase the variety of tasks, it would be nice to have more variety in the rewards players get when they complete a task. For example, gain skill points, become stress-free for a certain cycle, etc.

Also, it might be interesting to have a system in which if the player completes 10 special tasks, they will receive a game achievement called "wishes come true"

Another idea is to read the wishes of Duplicants from the Dream journal using Somnium Synthesizer. This is more in line with the existing game and is more natural, but in that case it may not be a good idea as the special task will not occur unless Somnium Synthesizer is selected in the game settings.

*I am not writing the ideas separately. I just add to it when I think of it.

Archived