Let's do the laundry

To developers who may like cleanliness

I propose a new element: washing clothes. I was originally planning to propose a new element called ''degree of dirtiness of clothes'' but the system was too complicated, so I changed it to a simpler proposal.

★Summary
Duplicants' morale will increase when they are changed into washed clothes. But just like now, there is no harm in Duplicants continuing to wear unwashed clothes. In other words, it is not an element that increases the difficulty of the game, but an additional play element.

★Details
・If there are clothes in the clothes shelf, Duplicants will wake up in the morning and change into new clothes. If Duplicants take a shower, change clothes after taking a shower.
・Duplicants' morale increases by 2 when changing clothes. Morale is increased by 3 for clothes washed with aromatic botanicals.
・Only Duplicatants with cleaning skills (existing) can create and operate laundry-related equipment.
・Duplicants can only be washed if they have spare clothes. This means that in order to do laundry, player have to make new clothes or get them from somewhere. player is lucky if can get it from a print pod.
・For washboards, Duplicants do the actual work and can only wash one cloth at a time. A washing machine can wash multiple clothes at once.
・Clothes that have been washed are stored in the clothes shelf. However, it would be great if Duplicants hang clothes out to dry before storing them.

★Possibility
- New equipment: shelves for storing clothes, washboard (initial), washing machine (mid-term and later), drying pole (initial), dryer (mid-term and later), and baskets for storing clothes waiting to be washed.
・Plants that are the source of laundry detergent that boosts morale
・More variety of clothes that players can make.

★Finally
Don't you think it feels good to wear washed clothes? Adding this everyday element to the game will give the game more of a sense of life, giving players a sense of familiarity and immersion in the world.

To non-developers

This topic does not ask for introductions to mods. If you would like to provide mod information related to this proposal, please consider creating a new topic in the Mods and Tools forum and linking to this topic and posting information about the mod instead of posting in this topic.

I hope that you will take actions to avoid making each other feel bad.

[Oxygen Not Included] - Mods and Tools
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/204-oxygen-not-Included-mods-and-tools/

Archived