Deep Ocean asteroid starts

im loving the spaced out ocean asteroid with its crushing pressures and just got thinking, what about a world start with small unconnected biomes in pockets of abyssalite and granite surrounded on all sides by highly pressurized water and entombed geysers with a thin icey surface, ice meteorites and a hot oil or lava core

On 10/24/2023 at 5:51 AM, LordBird said:

im loving the spaced out ocean asteroid with its crushing pressures and just got thinking, what about a world start with small unconnected biomes in pockets of abyssalite and granite surrounded on all sides by highly pressurized water and entombed geysers with a thin icey surface, ice meteorites and a hot oil or lava core

If you’re willing to mess around with the .yaml files in the worldgen directory you can make something like that yourself. Just need a text editor and a lot of trial and error :)

On 10/25/2023 at 2:25 PM, Charletrom said:

If you’re willing to mess around with the .yaml files in the worldgen directory you can make something like that yourself. Just need a text editor and a lot of trial and error :)

Heeey, now a single planet editor would be great for the base game. Something where you could customize and import/export planets. Forge world. 

I still would like to make a tutorial map/planet. A day 1 game file you could see alot of automation ideas and base layouts. All the plants and mechanics at work. Make it look a training facility. 

On 10/24/2023 at 5:51 AM, LordBird said:

I really like the idea of pressurized biomes.

Think you would just dump the water into the core if it's hot. Pressurized oil would be interesting. 

I absolutely agree that an intuitive asteroid editor would be an amazing addition to the game. A function allowing people to share their creations would be the cherry on top.

The worldgen system is amazingly flexible and robust. There’s tons you can do already with just a text editor. My last ~100 hours of playtime have just been experimenting with the system, it’s really fun.

13 hours ago, Charletrom said:

I absolutely agree that an intuitive asteroid editor would be an amazing addition to the game. A function allowing people to share their creations would be the cherry on top.

The worldgen system is amazingly flexible and robust. There’s tons you can do already with just a text editor. My last ~100 hours of playtime have just been experimenting with the system, it’s really fun.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/152032-forge-worlds/

Archived