Think I lost Woodie's Skill tree somehow?

On the non-beta branch, I have 15 points in Woodie's skill tree.  Switched to beta yesterday.  Tonight, I'm about an hour into a brand new world, playing as Woodie.  I just made a bunch of boards using Woodie's special 3-board skill (which rocks - it's almost the only thing I burn now).  I know I was using Woodie's skill because I was counting the logs as I chopped them, and I saw Lucy's text, "Make sure you don't get a splinter" with the animation of the wood shavings flying.

I just went back to make more boards, but Woodie's 3-log boards are not an option (see image).

Screenshotfrom2023-10-0422-38-32.thumb.jpg.01e10b85aa4b96a64b45446ca008aa77.jpg

The only monkey-business I know I was doing inbetween was configuring the quick-crafting menus - I set them from 3 to 5, then started filling them out.  The version in my main branch is much improved from what I was doing in the beta.

I may have also stopped and started my world in-between it working and it breaking.  I know I did after.  Did you remove the ability to see the skill trees outside the game, or am I just not looking in the right place?

I was playing Preview v575729.  I'm using Terraria Presets (to try them) in a new world I started tonight.  A few common mods that I've been using mostly for over 1K hours.  I always play in Steam in Flatpak on Linux (Ubuntu 22.04).  Let me know what other info would be useful.  Happy to provide anything.

Yes, insight was totally reset as I just got the little chime indicating I had earned a point of it:

Screenshotfrom2023-10-0423-31-08.thumb.jpg.7884bc6d86c580f57db54f0eeaf4162a.jpg

Wow.  I forgot all my learned crafting from this game as well:

Screenshotfrom2023-10-0423-48-24.thumb.jpg.183524118db090e670bab2a85e04a668.jpg

You can see the little lightbulb saying that I haven't crafted it yet, and see the chest that I crafted in the background.

Did the game auto-update while I was playing?  I remember thinking the harp notes in the title screen repeated too many times and there's no audible harp now (xylophone instead).  The background photo was the lamb thing and now it's the moon-shard Deerclops.  Or I'm going crazy.  Or both.

Thank you for reducing the volume of the title-screen music from the main branch.  It was like 2-4x as loud as the rest of the game.  Could maybe still be softer?  IDK.  It's late.

P.S. I edited my original post to include the game version number right before I wrote my "did-it-auto-update" post, so the version number is from after any update.  Sorry.  I didn't know that could happen.

I'm guessing the save format changed between minor beta releases and the data conversion only runs between stable releases.  I must have stopped and started the game at some point between when it worked and when it failed so that a minor version update could be applied.  If so, this issue reflects an appropriate allocation of development resources and is not a bug.

1 hour ago, Uncrushed said:

I'm guessing the save format changed between minor beta releases and the data conversion only runs between stable releases.  I must have stopped and started the game at some point between when it worked and when it failed so that a minor version update could be applied.  If so, this issue reflects an appropriate allocation of development resources and is not a bug.

I mean whatever caused it, its an easy fix. Go into documents and just give yourself 160xp in the skilltree file for woodie. Hell, you can also set it so you defeated Ancient fuelweaver and celestial champion too.

Unless you play on console in which case..... Rip!

Archived