Beta Suggestions and feedback.

Valase

Let me preface it by saying that those are early suggestions based on what I encountered.

Battle Design:

I really liked the fights, nice job!

My only suggestion would be making certain attacks be based around the target speed (Mainly the Moonclops Ice throw) and showing their weaknessess better (I will abridge it on the visual design).

Lunar Hail:

(I always forget to test using an orange amulet during it) Should either not deal damage to your average constant mob, or have a "warning phase" before it starts to munch down things (maybe it rains ice before it rains hell lunar pieces), could also happen in an area around the new bosses for that spicy fight.

Visual Design:

Moon frog, Loved the little guy, shame that it does nothing(if only we could catch one and make a new pet in the critter den)!

Moon Varg looks awesome!

Suggestion on how to show its weakness: I have no Idea .-.

Crystal Deerclops, also looks amazing! But I believe that its fangs should be blueish to match the antlers and bearger;

Suggestion on how to show its weakness: Just make it have an small scared animation from when the player equips a torch or a red staff or lights up a campfire/dwarf star. Maybe just covers its face and continues the chase. Or for when there is multiple people, it just target whoever has the fire source.

Armored Bearger, looks quite great, but I think that he could get some more back spikes and some more bare skin on his belly.

Suggestion on how to show its weakness: Give it a more bloated/exposed belly when he lands, so the player can guess that he can attack there.

New progression Items:

Sadly, I couldn't find the Gear Armor yet (unlucky);

while the rest:

I believe that the new moon bosses should drop their "new" respective Items (Crystalized antler, scaled fur and some Varg piece to make his flute blowdart pipe), and after the three different Moontations are killed in your world, you should will be able to give their drops to Wagstaff, and then for every three items that you give, he gives you another sentrypiece head, and of course, the crafting also will require the boss drop, this way the only bottleneck will be getting the Moon Bearger drop to make into the portable fridge for multiple players, as both of the other two monsters can be killed multiple times per year.

New Decor Items:

First, I think that we should be able to put more itens on the new tables, even if that means that their only interaction would be "pick up".

Second, ruins table should get this funcionality. But I don't know if the end tables should, as they already have a vase on them.

Third, maybe placing any type of "furniture" should make Pearl give the blueprint (End table, gates, Walls, Cookpots, and all that jazz).

I think that it is all, thank you guys for reading, feel allowed to make suggestions and give criticism of my suggestions, I think that I really loved this beta so far, and beside the issues of the yearly sentry head, I think that everything else has achieved its purpose.

My hopes for tables is allow any item to be placed on them and not just the table decor items. Just like how you can put any item on hamlet shelves.

Make ruins chairs be rotable and face one direction like the other chairs. Would make them look much better in builds as they wont face opposite directions if you turn the camera.

17 minutes ago, Valase said:

The deal with shelves was that they only faced one direction

What do you mean by this? All I said was allow tables to accept any item on them like how Shelves in Hamlet do. There shouldn't be any problems with the camera as the item can just use it's ground sprite.

Archived