Fossil excavation still awaiting skilled operation

This has come up a few times before. Fossil fragment excavation needs a dupe with Masterworks skill, and also Research and Digging skills. (The tooltip is still incomplete on that, showing only Masterworks requirement.)

I have one dupe, Ren, with all 3 decorating skills up to Masterworks, and all 3 Research skills up to Astronomy, and all 3 Digging skills up to Super-duperhard. He has priorities set high in each one. The fossil fragment is set to Priority 9. The site is accessible via ladders and no doors or walls in the way. There are constructed tiles under each fossil specimen and all the tiles are dug out around and above the specimen.

And Ren is currently Idle. And no one else is doing it either.

What other requirements are there?

Do I need to excavate all 4 scattered dig sites around the map, and analyze them, before I can excavate the fossil fragments found near each one?

This is base game and not Spaced Out.

1 hour ago, Crai-Crai said:

Do I need to excavate all 4 scattered dig sites around the map, and analyze them, before I can excavate the fossil fragments found near each one?

Yes, you need to complete this story trait before you destroy it

Archived