How do I added a "plusing" effect to my character

Hello, I have a character on the workshop that has a unique "Fear" mechanic (a value between 0 and 100 that increases when you kill creatures and decreases over time) and basically I want to make it once my fear value is beyond a certain point a plusing animation begins to emit from my character but I could not find another character with a similar mechanic to base it off.

Basically I want to setup something like this up but I do not know how to play unique animations.

if inst.components.feared.fearValue > 50 then
  pulsingSpeed = 1
  playAnim("Pulse", pulsingSpeed)
 end

Does anyone have any ideas? Much appriciated.

If your curious about my character they can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2866021547

Edited by Lyraedan

Adding a "plusing" effect (often referred to as a "glow" or "aura") to a character in a video game or graphic design software can enhance its appearance and make it stand out. The specific steps to achieve this effect will depend on the software you're using, but I'll provide some general guidance that should work in most cases:

1. Select the Character: If you're working in a graphic design software or a 3D modeling program, make sure your character is selected and isolated from the background.

2. Create a New Layer: This step applies if you're working with layers (common in graphic design and image editing software). Create a new layer above the layer where your character is.

3. Choose the Glow Color: Decide on the color you want for the glow. A typical choice is a bright color that complements the character's color scheme.

4. Apply a Blur Effect: Use a blur filter or effect on the new layer. Gaussian blur or radial blur are commonly used for this purpose. Adjust the blur radius to achieve the desired level of diffusion for the glow.

5. Blend Mode: Change the blend mode of the new layer to a mode that enhances the glowing effect. "Screen" or "Add" blending modes are often suitable for this purpose.

6. Adjust Opacity: You might want to adjust the opacity of the new layer to control the intensity of the glow. A lower opacity will result in a more subtle effect.

7. Refine the Effect: Depending on your software's capabilities, you can further refine the effect by using layer masks, adjusting the color balance, or adding additional layers for different glow colors or highlights.

8. Save and Export: Once you're satisfied with the glowing effect, save or export your work in the desired format. If you're working on a video game character, make sure the effect is compatible with the game engine you're using.

Remember to refer to the specific tools and features of your software, as the terminology and options may differ. This general approach should work for many image editing or graphic design programs like Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, or similar software. For game development, integrating the effect may require additional considerations based on the game engine you're using.

Assuming you want the pulse to work like a visual effect you should spawn the fx when the threshold is passed then play and loop the pulse animation. To make it follow your character you'll need to add it as a child. I recommend you to check the scan fx used by Wx's scanalyzer (wx78_scanner.lua).