[Help] Trying to add speech file to a follower pet

I'm working on a character that has a companion and behaves a lot like Yin and Yang

I wanted to write a speech file for each of them, this means one speech file goes to the character (per usual), but the other speech file goes to the companion follower.
This means they both speak at the same time reacting to the same things, but obviously dialogue shows up above their heads, as opposed to only 1 character speaking and the companion having no speech.

So if I examine a tree, they speak in unison each giving their own say on the tree.

It sounds so simple of a concept but I couldn't manage to make it work, and I couldn't find anyone else who did this before
I know companions/followers can have speech, but I'm not trying to make a companion that just talks at random (like merms or pigs), I'm trying to make a companion that specifically talks when the character talks, drawing from their own speech files

Anybody has an idea on how to solve this? For reference, the companion is a heavily modified hound, so it has no previous code pertaining to speech

My friend got it working with this code instead, under common_postinit, but that still just mirrors what the character says, I want the companion to say something else a.k.a. pull from a different speech file.

local _say=inst.components.talker.Say

function inst.components.talker:Say(...)
        _say(self, ...)
        if (inst.wolf) then
            inst.wolf.components.talker:Say(...)
        end
    end

I still need a way to call for a different string file when wolf (the pet follower) is talking.