Conveyor Receptacle

As far as I can tell, these have very little use as opposed to smart storage or chutes. even if they do have a use, which I would be happy to be enlightened on, I recently thought of a suggestion that might make the quality of life for shipping better. Would it be possible to make receptacles either 

A:Have filters for what materials it requests to reduce the need for separate loaders or filters, e.g. a receptacle offshoot from main storage for coal.

B:Give it the ability to request materials needed around it, say you had a receptacle near some distilleries and instead of clogging a whole rail with lumber the distilleries would get sent lumber as needed leaving room for the rail to transport other materials.

its like 2 am and I'm just rambling this off a little bit, I'm sure there is probably a way to do some of this already but it just seems silly to me to need 3 loaders the same place with separate rails going the same direction or having to use a bunch of filters. also conveyor filters should be able to output multiple materials.

7 hours ago, ThatGuySky said:

As far as I can tell, these have very little use as opposed to smart storage or chutes. even if they do have a use, which I would be happy to be enlightened on, I recently thought of a suggestion that might make the quality of life for shipping better. Would it be possible to make receptacles either 

A:Have filters for what materials it requests to reduce the need for separate loaders or filters, e.g. a receptacle offshoot from main storage for coal.

B:Give it the ability to request materials needed around it, say you had a receptacle near some distilleries and instead of clogging a whole rail with lumber the distilleries would get sent lumber as needed leaving room for the rail to transport other materials.

its like 2 am and I'm just rambling this off a little bit, I'm sure there is probably a way to do some of this already but it just seems silly to me to need 3 loaders the same place with separate rails going the same direction or having to use a bunch of filters. also conveyor filters should be able to output multiple materials.

Hello,

One of advantages of using a conveyor receptacle over smart storage or a chute is that you can disallow duplicant interactions with the materials it stores without having to block access with doors or by other means. 

Another one compared to conveyor chute is that it doesn't need to have a weight plate underneath it to close it when no more material is needed, which can save some space. 

You can put a rail element sensor right before the receptacle and you can set it to request materials when needed, like you suggested in point B.

If you want a rail filter that outputs multiple materials, then you can build one yourself for example by using an auto-sweeper taking materials from a receptacle and delivering them to 2 loaders each set to take different materials.

On 7/16/2023 at 9:23 AM, Knurek said:

Hello,

One of advantages of using a conveyor receptacle over smart storage or a chute is that you can disallow duplicant interactions with the materials it stores without having to block access with doors or by other means. 

Another one compared to conveyor chute is that it doesn't need to have a weight plate underneath it to close it when no more material is needed, which can save some space. 

You can put a rail element sensor right before the receptacle and you can set it to request materials when needed, like you suggested in point B.

If you want a rail filter that outputs multiple materials, then you can build one yourself for example by using an auto-sweeper taking materials from a receptacle and delivering them to 2 loaders each set to take different materials.

Any screenshots of personal systems?

@cyberwarlord here, I have a kiln pumping out refined carbon and loaded on to the rails.

the arrow going down goes to a refinery making steel and the other going out to the right to the diamond press.

Conveyor receptacle makes it easy for me to send refined carbon to two locations and have the kiln turned off when it backs up and get stored in smart storage.

I do agree the expanded functionality will be nice, but the receptacle is far from useless. At a minimum, it does not need ground space.

image.thumb.png.69b3c9c65be05d301180ace2ea837e4d.png

On 9/11/2023 at 5:38 AM, Sleeeeeeeeeeper said:

@cyberwarlord here, I have a kiln pumping out refined carbon and loaded on to the rails.

the arrow going down goes to a refinery making steel and the other going out to the right to the diamond press.

Conveyor receptacle makes it easy for me to send refined carbon to two locations and have the kiln turned off when it backs up and get stored in smart storage.

I do agree the expanded functionality will be nice, but the receptacle is far from useless. At a minimum, it does not need ground space.

image.thumb.png.69b3c9c65be05d301180ace2ea837e4d.png

Oh lord the chaos!! Very nice though. Like seeing others designs. Receptacle is very handy, especially with overflows.

Tried making a vacuumed area for clean machines but the transmission of heat to the dupes was to high from the floor tiles averaging 180. Dang flammable dupes.

Archived