Question about automation and the Rime asteroid

Hello, everyone. I need help with a few questions. I am surviving on asteroid Rime and for some reason there are no critters at all on my asteroid except hatches and pokeshells, maybe they died from the cold? But where do I get them, in that case? Playing without DLC.
Second question - when automating with auto-sweeper, you need two warehouses - one from which it will put items on the conveyor, the other from which it will pick them up. How to make it so that from the second warehouse dupes can only pick up items, but not put them there? When I choose to put only clay there, so auto-sweeper knows it, the dupes start dragging clay there from the whole base, and that shouldn't be the case.

1 hour ago, InViner said:

Hello, everyone. I need help with a few questions. I am surviving on asteroid Rime and for some reason there are no critters at all on my asteroid except hatches and pokeshells, maybe they died from the cold? But where do I get them, in that case? Playing without DLC.
Second question - when automating with auto-sweeper, you need two warehouses - one from which it will put items on the conveyor, the other from which it will pick them up. How to make it so that from the second warehouse dupes can only pick up items, but not put them there? When I choose to put only clay there, so auto-sweeper knows it, the dupes start dragging clay there from the whole base, and that shouldn't be the case.

Hi,

It's been a while since I played vanilla but if I remember correctly you can get critters from space - you'll need a biological cargo bay for that. Also there's a chance to get critters or eggs from the printing pod. Pips should be available in the printer after cycle 24 (according to wiki). The reason for almost no critters on rime is that the temperature is outside of their living range so they could not survive, but you can bring it back to life.

Regarding storage - it could be easier if you could post a screenshot of what you have in mind exactly. I don't really get what you mean by two warehouses.

I haven't gotten to space yet (but I'm not too far away, it's not hard), I disabled egg and critter printing when I created the world (not being aware of the problem that critters can die of cold). From space (without DLC) can you bring any critter that existed on the original asteroid?
About the vault problem - already figured it out myself, I did not know that if you set two warehouses different priority, then the dupes will drag items to the vault with a higher priority.

37 minutes ago, InViner said:

I haven't gotten to space yet (but I'm not too far away, it's not hard), I disabled egg and critter printing when I created the world (not being aware of the problem that critters can die of cold). From space (without DLC) can you bring any critter that existed on the original asteroid?
About the vault problem - already figured it out myself, I did not know that if you set two warehouses different priority, then the dupes will drag items to the vault with a higher priority.

In the Non-Spaced Out Starmap, one may acquire Pacu eggs, Pips, Smooth or Stone Hatches, and Gassy moos from select space destinations, however only the ones that give you Smooth/Stone Hatches are guaranteed to spawn, the others are up to chance. No other critters to my knowledge can be obtained from space. Maybe pokeshells? I don't think so, though.

Rime is an asteroid with what can end up being pretty specific disadvantages/advantages. The lack of life on the asteroid is one of them. Personally, I suggest you roll with the punches and try to preserve what life you can find or try to get on without them. I can't really think of a critter thats absolutely necessary for sustainable living.

Archived