More in-game information

Hello, 

I just created a map with various individual settings, like Draconian morale requirement, etc.

However, there is no in-game overview where I can see which settings I had chosen for a particular map.

It would be great to see all that in-game. It is easy to lose track of all settings over time.

Having said that, I would like to see more elaborate and clear information for practically everything in the game.

So, a vastly improved and extended data base would be nice.

7 hours ago, SGT_Imalas said:

you can use the mod Modify Difficulty Settings to get an extra button in the pause menu that allows you to view (and modify) these settings

I would prefer an official and improved version. I usually don't use mods, and I expect any good developer to implement the needed functions. 

Since Klei announced to continue developments for ONI, I am hoping these things will come eventually. 

On 6/16/2023 at 11:25 AM, Henlikuoth said:

there is no in-game overview where I can see which settings I had chosen for a particular map.

The settings for a particular map are stored in the map seed. You can view them by pasting the seed in the world gen and going to difficulty settings.

image.thumb.png.7751dae21214aa7195c1c41bef4a3ecf.png

@Henlikuoth Sorry it took so long. I only noticed that yesterday. I wish the settings were easier to view too.

A tiny non-clickable gear icon on the side of the coordinates would do. When a player would hover over it settings of the map could be displayed. 

Archived