character hair problem

Hello! for some reason when my character looking around (sanity 0%), the hair is being freezedĀ 
and when character was "resurrected by Shenanigans", in stand up animation he has a problem with double hair. Which file should I delete and which file I should add?

image.png.dd8a73a0de1b9832047f0d0b8df5da23.pngimage.png.115139610540223f2941f4481ca724ed.png

Hey hey. Unfortunately it will be hard to know exactly what the issue is without the files, but I can guess!

Are you using "hairfront" for your character's hair? The expanded character template is very out of date and "hairfront" is not supported in a bunch of the game's animations any more, which causes problems like this. If you are, I strongly recommend making the hair part of your character's headbase sprite instead.

The double hair is likely the "hairfront" and "hair-0" sprites being displayed at the same time, judging by the layering of the hair. Putting the hair on the headbase only will solve this.

Edited by Chesed
Explained double hair

17 hours ago, Chesed said:

Hey hey. Unfortunately it will be hard to know exactly what the issue is without the files, but I can guess!

Are you using "hairfront" for your character's hair? The expanded character template is very out of date and "hairfront" is not supported in a bunch of the game's animations any more, which causes problems like this. If you are, I strongly recommend making the hair part of your character's headbase sprite instead.

The double hair is likely the "hairfront" and "hair-0" sprites being displayed at the same time, judging by the layering of the hair. Putting the hair on the headbase only will solve this.

Hello and thank you for your answer! I already deleted everything from hairfront and there is only hair and hair-hat are using in that moment. If I'm going to put hair on headbase, this gonna stop the funny bouncy hair animation, right??

Yes unfortunately, but if you have it on the hair layer already and you're happy with how it looks, you don't have to change it!

I recommended it because putting the hair on headbase is the simplest way to get hair on the same "layer" as the head, since the "hair" layer goes behind it when the character is seen from the front. But if you have already edited your sprites to account for this and found something that works, it's completely fine!

(You could also hypothetically have some angles have the hair on "hair" and others use "headbase" depending on what looks best from which view, but if you've been trying to fix it yourself you've likely already noticed!)