Some console issues that I’m not sure are known.

There are a few issues on console that are certainly annoying on their own but when combined they make the game incredibly frustrating.

So first things first, I don’t know why this occurs but when I set my world to friends only and then invite my two friends that are playing split screen, when they attempt to join they will usually (not always, but quite often) be given a message that says they aren’t friends with me and that they can’t join. 

Both of them are connected to ps+, they are both appearing online, I’m appearing online, we are all friends with one another on PlayStation. Close friends, even, though that shouldn’t make a difference.

This only happens when inviting them while they’re split screening. Individually there is no issue. No idea why this happens, but it’s annoying. Not game breaking or anything, just means I have host games publicly so they can join.

Next issue is certainly annoying on its own but is even worse when combined with other issues. Sometimes when a player joins It will not allow you to hover over their options in the “View player” menu. 

To describe what I mean I’ll use an example from what happened a couple days ago. I had to set my world to public so my splitscreen friends could join our world. I don’t want others joining so when a player we don’t know joins I will kick them from the game before they select a character. To do this you would open the pause menu, select “view players” go down to the player you want to kick, and then……. Oh, the game is glitched and I can’t select any of the options for their name. This means I can’t view their profile, mute them, kick them, or ban them. This a problem because now I have an unwanted player in the game that I can’t get rid of. Also this player had a loud mic with a lot of background noise that was annoying to listen to. I also could not mute them due to this bug. I had to disconnect the server and restart it to get this guy out. Pretty annoying. This bug isn’t exclusive to player hosted servers either, I’ve seen this happen in public servers as well.

The last issue is definitely known, on console the game has been having problems loading the map correctly when you join a world. This happens more frequently on split screen as well. Chunks of land will be missing and you’ll have to walk around them instead of following a straight path, sometimes land will appear on a tile that’s actually water so if you walk in that tile you fall into water and instantly drown, making you fully wet, losing half your items, and losing a chunk of max hp. Quite annoying. This makes rejoining a server due to these other bugs annoying because it’s fairly likely that when you join one of the three of us will have an improperly loaded world which means they have to either disconnect and reconnect and hope it works this time or rollback and hope that works. 

I really hope these three issues get fixed. My suggestion for the second one would be to let us make other players admins on console so if the host has the bug where they can’t kick someone then someone else can do so for them. 

anyway thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Archived