Dedicated Server on macOS - Mods not downloading?

Hi,

yesterday is did a setup of my dedicated server on macOS via steamcmd. Everything worked great except the automatic download of server-mods.

My "dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua" files contains multiple lines like ServerModSetup("347079953") to download some mods.
For my server-startup script i set the force_install_dir, then login with my steam account (not anonymous), i do not use the validate function.

In my server files (Master and Cave) i activate the mods with the modoverride.lua (generated by my game and copied, so no syntax errors).

When i manually place the downloaded mod folders from my gaming pc to my server mac (in the folder where the dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua file is), the server loads with mods.
But it does not download them on its own when i just start the server without the manually placed mod folders?

Just to double check i did a quick setup of a dedicated server on my windows machine, placed some ServerModSetup("xxx") commands in the dedicated...lua file and it immediately works - download of the mods starts.

I am using a 2018 mac mini with a 6-core i7 CPU, 32gb ram, running macOS 12.0.1 monterey.

Any help? :-( 

i met the same problem like yours.

try to follow these steps i found last week:

1.go to steam workshop and download mods what you want.Remember the number of mod

2.revise "dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua " you know what to do:ServerModSetup("xxx")

3.copy the mods you had downloaded from step one to your Dedicated Server file(\Mods)

4.revise mod config.For example in Windows,you should find gamesave,it usually at \Documents\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_xxx\master\modoverrides.lua(Cave also need.).Write the configuration of your new mod.If you don't know how to do.you can create a world in local and select mod before generating the world.In your personal computer.there will be modooverrides.lua.you can understand the structure of this file easily.copy the config to your server.(This step can force server to load the mod)

Archived