My second time soloing the Ancient Fuelweaver

Playing as Wortox, my skill and experience still have room to improve, and I use a controller, I have auto-pause enabled just for this fight.

A couple queen bee helms, several bramble husks, some glass cutters, the shadow thuribe, the skull helm, some gunpowder, with a torch to light it, and a couple weather pains for the crawler waves. I do well in the first phase, getting 3 hits in before dodging his skull attack, eventually he gets down to second phase, puts up his barrier, and summons the crawlers. Between the weather pains and the bramble husk AoE counterspike, the crawlers go down in no time and the soul power overflows, topping off my health at the cost of my sanity, I equip the skull helm to knock out the pylons, then slash a big chunk of his HP off with the gunpowder.

Things go surprisingly smoothly for me, continuing to occasionally oversoul from the crawlers. The battle rages on a little while longer, and eventually the big bad beastie goes down. The shaking starts. I go to grab my loot before making my escape...

POP!!

ShadowbirdRH was killed by Gunpowder!

Son of a... A moleworm managed to make its way into the arena and set off a different stack that I had laying around in case the fuelweaver wasn't close to the first one! My loot, my equipment, my lantern, all stuck in the fuelweaver's arena, behind an army of clockworks. Not too big a deal, with the supplies back at my base where my meat effigy resurrects me, retrieving my stuff isn't that big a deal. With Winter having just begun, the fire nettles planted at my base make it easier to manage. Still though. Of all things, killed by a kamikaze moleworm.

Archived