Character Mod Glow Help

Mcm730

So someone helped do some fixes on a Don't Starve character mod that had been abandoned by the person I had commissioned to make it. One of the abilities of the character was going to be night monster immunity, the idea being that he would glow similarly to WX-78’s overdrive in darkness. The person who helped ended up giving him night vision at night, and while this is nice, I miss out on a lot of the challenge and ambiance of nighttime game play. Does anyone know how to implement the idea as originally concepted? If someone knows or is willing to fix it for me I can post the mod file! The acquaintance did not know how to implement this kind of glow in darkness conditions and after playing the mod as is for a while I figured I’d try to see if I couldn’t get the originally intended affect.

Add this to your character fn:

inst.Light:Enable(true)
inst.Light:SetRadius(2)
inst.Light:SetFalloff(0.75)
inst.Light:SetIntensity(.9)
inst.Light:SetColour(235/255,121/255,12/255)

Perhaps the light disappears when the player is struck by lightning. You need to check if something turns off the light.

Archived