Avoid Together On Switch Don't Starve

The game is great, and my fiance got it for the Switch, however the transfer is terrible. When you try to assault anything or even try to do something as simple as pick up an item, the controls are unresponsive or simply unreliable. The menu was fine before they redesigned it, but now it is impossible to use on such a little screen, or when docked far from a TV screen. The Switch Version is complete crap, so give me the PC version any day. This is the only Switch purchase I've ever desired a return for because the game is simply unusable.

You can increase the size of the crafting UI in the options. I had to bring it up to about 8 to feel comfortable with it. Overall much more useful once you are used to it - there are sooo many items to craft that the old menu got insanely cluttered. You can favorite or pin your most common crafts to make them easier to find as well. I recommend changing the sorting to show things you are able to craft right at the top.

On 9/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, Shisui2035 said:

The game is great, and my fiance got it for the Switch, however the transfer is terrible. When you try to assault anything or even try to do something as simple as pick up an item, the controls are unresponsive or simply unreliable. The menu was fine before they redesigned it, but now it is impossible to use on such a little screen, or when docked far from a TV screen. The Switch Version is complete crap, so give me the PC version any day. This is the only Switch purchase I've ever desired a return for because the game is simply unusable.

I highly disagree with the above opinion.  I have played this game on every platform that it exists on, and all are great!  Some have more issues than others. I find myself really enjoying the Switch version in both docked and undocked mode.  Nintendo switch is newer than any of the other platforms as well, and for developers having to learn the new platform leaves room for mistakes, but KLEI has always fixed the issues at hand with the DST platforms.  I have no problem assaulting anything, and picking up items is a breeze.  As for the TV issue try moving a little closer to the TV.  As far as unusable you must be the exception.  Yes the PC version is probably the best out there hence the time of release compared to the other platforms.  I hope you can find a way to enjoy the experience like so many others though...

I like the switch version, it's not that hard to learn the new crafting menu. Also the only time I was struggling with fighting was when lag compensation was on, after the new update it's been working a lot better and glitching less. I never had a problem picking up items ever. Not even while on a beefalo, so it might be your controllers. The only thing I'm struggling with is the king's chest for metheus puzzle not accepting the items.

Archived