Constantly unable to connect to servers

All four of the people in my household are having the same issues when we try to play the game. On four different computers, we are having problems initially logging in and when opening a server (especially with caves).

Upon start of the game I frequently get the message "Could not connect to Klei servers". I then have to retry multiple times and at some point it just works.

Opening/resuming my own server where caves are enabled is really a hit or miss. Sometimes I am kicked from my own server when I enter/exit the caves in game. Today I tried to restart my server for 20min. Perseverance finally helped but most of the time I got the message "There was some sort of trouble starting the server." which appeared after a long wait time on the launching server modal window. Often I get the message "Dedicated server failed to start" sometimes its just the classic "Could not connect to Klei Servers." I have no problems playing other games. I have checked the firewall and antivirus and made sure DST was allowed through and have verified local files in Steam. Please help, this is making the game unbearable to play.

Archived