Anim.Bin file for Swap Animations

Reinshadow

Hello, 

I've been trying to do essentially a reskinned version of the Eye of Terror (or really any weapon) and noticed that all the swap files (swap_eye_shield, swap_axe, etc.) don't have anim.bin files in their .zip. Because of this it's been difficult to understand which .png file number correlates to what action. So I have a couple questions that you weapon modders out there may be able to answer

Is there a master anim file that all weapons refer to? Kind of like how the wendy.zip anim file only has the build.bin and .tex files, but you need to use the player_basic file to pull the .scml? In the Eye of Terror script it references a object_swap and shield_swap in the animation files, but I couldn't find these anywhere in the DST files. Am I just missing it? 

The only way to do this is to extract a character (build and anim, as you exemplified with wendy), extract the swap_ separately (with any anim) and copy the swap symbols to the character by editing the .scml via text editor . I've never tried to do this, and possibly need something else. But as far as I know, it's the only way. maybe it's easier to just paint each image a color and test it in game.

Archived