Implement a method to differentiate Beefalo Bells

I have a world with a friend where we have two different Beefalo with different tendencies, and we often mix up which bell belongs to which Beefalo in our Beefalo pen area. The obvious solution is to just store the bells separately from each other or separate the Beefalo from each other entirely, but I feel like this is minor functionality that should be supported by the game. (And there's really not that much space to build out storage in a dedicated Beefalo pen build because you need to regularly rebuild the Salt Licks and they have an unnecessarily large amount of space they require around them to place.... but that's a different mild inconvenience.)

I would like a way to differentiate which bell belongs to which Beefalo. Could we add the Beefalo's name as a prefix to their binded bell's item name (i.e. "Burger's Beefalo Bell")? Free skins for the Beefalo Bell could also solve the problem. Simple recolors would do the trick for that too.

More complicated options like a faceting system with gems (like we have with Cratered Moonrock) could also work for recoloring that doesn't lock this behind the skin system. However, I think that would be more work for a problem that shouldn't need much work to solve. There's definitely a variety of options to remedy this small issue.

yes it's my first post pls don't roast me for my super niche suggestion

I agree. We need beefalo bell skins or some other way to differentiate.

I sometimes make minisigns with a pic of something related to my beefalos name (like, an S shaped catcoon tail for a beefalo with an S name) to drop my bell there

Archived