What if night lights were a reverse moon dial ?

This is a concept to make night lights more interesting, now they are only expensive way to waste nightmare fuel, but i believe they have the potential to be a much better item.

We know there is a thematical parity between moon and shadows, almost any shadow themed thing has a lunar contrapart (sanity/enlighment-ruins/archives-CC/Fuelweaber etc). Even the recipes of dials and nightlights present this parity already, one costing moonrock and blue gems and the other red gems and nightmare fuel.

Following that logic i think the night light could funcition as reverse moon dial, Tracking the stages of the moon, and the closer a new moon is, the brighter the light glows. Not only that but , taking into account that moon dials can not work on caves because the moon power doesnt reach there, same could aply to the nightlights. When placed on the caves they could sink with the nightmare cicle instead of the moon and whenever the atrium is activated have a new stage and produce some sort of resource (same way dials produce moonglass when the moonstorm is activated). Maybe skeleton hands would emerge from the earth trying to reach the light and produce fossils afterwards.

Another cool thing this change could bring is to add a nightlight to the shadow bosses set pieces, so new player will have a clue that they have to do something with new moons.

*On a side note, please Kley, make it so moon dials stay frozen after defeating cc and we are able to mine them, having to clean the aftermath is very annoying.

Archived