Problem with loading my modded character

Up until the character select screens it loads just fine, but as soon as u select the character and u click 'go' it freezes on the white loading screen and it stays that way, i have no idea what went wrong

Edited by imjustglue

19 hours ago, sorrylate_ said:

I think you need to read the server log instead. And if you confused what is wrong with your mod. Just upload the error log in here?

client_log.txt

There u go

Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_workshop-2078243581_CLIENT

i found this in the server log, is this it?

3 hours ago, imjustglue said:

client_log.txt 12.5 kB · 1 download

There u go

Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_workshop-2078243581_CLIENT

i found this in the server log, is this it?

I'm not sure because i never have blank crash like that, but i think you wrong upload? I didnt see any crash report there.

If you want to test your mod i suggest you to make new server and only enable your mod. And if its crash or something happen, you can go to server menu screen and you can see like a gear then click it and choose open folder. After that you open master folder and you can see file called server_log.txt

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sorrylate_ said:

I'm not sure because i never have blank crash like that, but i think you wrong upload? I didnt see any crash report there.

If you want to test your mod i suggest you to make new server and only enable your mod. And if its crash or something happen, you can go to server menu screen and you can see like a gear then click it and choose open folder. After that you open master folder and you can see file called server_log.txt

Thanks mate, i think i found it

"[00:03:13]: [string "scripts/components/foodaffinity.lua"]:25: table index is nil
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
    scripts/components/foodaffinity.lua:25 in (method) AddFoodtypeAffinity (Lua) <24-26>
    ../mods/dreamercharmod/scripts/prefabs/dreamer.lua:67 in (upvalue) master_postinit (Lua) <62-123>
    scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:2358 in (field) fn (Lua) <1916-2406>
    scripts/mainfunctions.lua:333 in () ? (Lua) <322-364>"

i suppose its this, i have a bit of idea what its saying, but i rather ask you guys who know more

18 hours ago, imjustglue said:

Thanks mate, i think i found it

"[00:03:13]: [string "scripts/components/foodaffinity.lua"]:25: table index is nil
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
    scripts/components/foodaffinity.lua:25 in (method) AddFoodtypeAffinity (Lua) <24-26>
    ../mods/dreamercharmod/scripts/prefabs/dreamer.lua:67 in (upvalue) master_postinit (Lua) <62-123>
    scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:2358 in (field) fn (Lua) <1916-2406>
    scripts/mainfunctions.lua:333 in () ? (Lua) <322-364>"

i suppose its this, i have a bit of idea what its saying, but i rather ask you guys who know more

nice if you found it, but sorry i cant help much since i never make character mod and still learning lua too
but i think your problem like it said the table of AddFoodtypeAffinity  i think is nil?
maybe you can check mermking or merm they also have this components, maybe you can compare to yours

or maybe can i see your dreamer prefab code?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sorrylate_ said:

nice if you found it, but sorry i cant help much since i never make character mod and still learning lua too
but i think your problem like it said the table of AddFoodtypeAffinity  i think is nil?
maybe you can check mermking or merm they also have this components, maybe you can compare to yours

or maybe can i see your dreamer prefab code?

Well i did steal the food afinity from Wurt prefab code, and yes i did suspect it was it, i just straigth up deleted it to see if it would run and it didnt, anyway, there u go the character prefab, if it looks like a mess its because it is, sorry

dreamer.lua

Edited by imjustglue

10 hours ago, imjustglue said:

Well i did steal the food afinity from Wurt prefab code, and yes i did suspect it was it, i just straigth up deleted it to see if it would run and it didnt, anyway, there u go the character prefab, if it looks like a mess its because it is, sorry

dreamer.lua 2.4 kB · 0 downloads

i think you already deleted the error line when uploading it to here? and get new crash?
seeing your code its like so simple and i think need to add GLOBAL in some line. if you want try to make simple character first i think you need to read and download template from here. [Tutorial] Using Extended Sample Character Template - Tutorials & Guides - Klei Entertainment Forums

since i cant help much because i dont have experience making custom character 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sorrylate_ said:

i think you already deleted the error line when uploading it to here? and get new crash?
seeing your code its like so simple and i think need to add GLOBAL in some line. if you want try to make simple character first i think you need to read and download template from here. [Tutorial] Using Extended Sample Character Template - Tutorials & Guides - Klei Entertainment Forums

since i cant help much because i dont have experience making custom character 

Well i alredy read it, more than once, but thats not the matter, thank you for helping me and just consitantly keeping up with this time zone message exchange crap, so yeah thanks anyway

2 hours ago, imjustglue said:

Well i alredy read it, more than once, but thats not the matter, thank you for helping me and just consitantly keeping up with this time zone message exchange crap, so yeah thanks anyway

ohh right i see your code also same like in the template lol, but if you still wondering and learning making your mod, i think you can pm me, so maybe we can fix the error.