How to run 32 bit version without opening Steam Library?

So, because my laptop isn't that powerful i play dst in 32 bit version because then there is waaaay less lag, however only way to run this version of the game i found was only by chosing it in Steam Library when launching dst

636307656__2022-07-23_142025032.thumb.png.b358c91d6e2cb1dd61cd32b996e9b6d9.png

Is there any way to launch 32 bit dst without opening steam library every time?And no, even if i launch 32 bit exe in game's files still 64 bit version will launch instead of 32 bit one.

1846115476__2022-07-23_142211591.png.bbdcac1deac9c6d8a63e281791ef7cc3.png

1676782630__2022-07-23_142257331.png.c594401929ba293579de0cab67041b81.png

I had the same issue a while ago, and others managed to help me out and get it solved. I can't find the topic itself, but you have to edit launch options in the game's Steam properties.

It should look like this:

• First the full path of the 32 bit exe in double quotes.
  • Then literally %command%.
  • Then anything else you had as launch options before.

For example mine looks like this:

"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin\dontstarve_steam.exe" %command% -tick_rate 60

The default one would probably look something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin\dontstarve_steam.exe" %command%

After setting this, all shortcuts will launch the 32 bit version.

Credit goes to the forumite with the merm picture (I know that doesn't really narrow it down) who I can't remember the name of, for telling me this solution.

1 hour ago, vorti said:

I had the same issue a while ago, and others managed to help me out and get it solved. I can't find the topic itself, but you have to edit launch options in the game's Steam properties.

It should look like this:

• First the full path of the 32 bit exe in double quotes.
  • Then literally %command%.
  • Then anything else you had as launch options before.

For example mine looks like this:

"D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin\dontstarve_steam.exe" %command% -tick_rate 60

The default one would probably look something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin\dontstarve_steam.exe" %command%

After setting this, all shortcuts will launch the 32 bit version.

Credit goes to the forumite with the merm picture (I know that doesn't really narrow it down) who I can't remember the name of, for telling me this solution.

Thank you so much!Struggled with this issue for a long time already, thanks for help!

Archived