Idea: Planetarium as source of entertainment

While almost any animation in ONI and SO is funny little perk, somehow my top is watching dupe using Virtual Planetarium.

And while designing my most recent rocket interior for mining rocket (while all of my research is done), i came with pretty spacious Great Hall (i just love to give dupes luxurious interior):

image.thumb.png.64df527a87ca82c0c7b28c9e949450f1.png

I was trying to figure out, what would be really usefull use of free space i got there. Then this idea came - how cool would be to use spare time of pilots to produce more databanks, which would be then used in Virtual Planetarium, providing some really nice bonuses (since it's resource would require higher investment, compared to Espresso Machine, Soda Fountain etc.)

What do you guys think? Do you have any yours idea what can pilots do while piloting rocket doesn't take much of their time?

I don't think there really is anything productive a pilot can do.

I make a Orbital Databank Sweatshop with 4-6 Labs, fill it with +20 operating dupes who are idling anyway while I focus on some other task, and it generates databanks so quickly that the tech tree is cleaned up in no time (the actual maths: it takes about 32 duplicant-cycles, for +20 operating duplicants, to make all the databanks required to complete the tech tree. So 4 duplicants will complete the task in just 8 cycles) . And I definitely find this more convenient than trying to keep pilots busy when other dupes are also idling anyway.

Of course, another option is to train attributes for the pilot. Chances are by the time you're drill-coning they've already maxed athletics and operating, but if not they could run on a Manual Generator. Or training strength: you could easily fit a strength gym (probably based on disinfecting Sporchid or Buddy Bud Gas Vent) in a Spacefarer, though the value of training strength is not exactly high.

Archived