Returning from Wonkey after Death can make things quite unfun

From the trolling to the unwanted detransformation when you just wanted to play monkey, the current way that dying as Wonkey is handled has quite a few flaws.

That's why I propose that instead of you dropping all your trinkets and becoming your original character, you only drop 1 of your accursed trinkets on death (just like all Powder Monkeys always only ever drop 1 of accursed trinket) and you stay as Wonkey unless you only had 1 accursed trinket before death (you'd have dropped your last accursed trinket in this case).

I'd also like to suggest ability to exchange accursed trinkets with other players. It's not like the accursed trinket is glued to your hand, it just follows the closest player so you could theoretically still give accursed trinkets to other people, you'd just need everyone in the trade cooperating so the trinket actually switches hosts.

I think this would still make just as much sense (if not, even more sense) lore-wise, and it'd be better for managing who wants to become Wonkey without punishing other people that don't (as much) for when the Wonkey player fails at life. 

Sounds good to me, it's not much of a curse if removing it is as easy as giving in to the inevitable.

That said, I'm not sure sharing the accursed trinkets really meshes well with (perhaps just my interpretation of) the lore. It struck me as being cursed for killing them, that all those monkeys could just as easily be other cursed and transformed beings. Since they have those trinkets, it can be determined that they either value them, or are unable to get rid of them themselves, and since they can't steal them from you like they can other items, that makes it less likely that they're carrying them by choice. Thus, if we wanted to keep with that interpretation of the lore, the only way to 'share' them would be to get them from your fellow survivors the same way you got them from the monkeys.

20 minutes ago, ShadowbirdRH said:

That said, I'm not sure sharing the accursed trinkets really meshes well with (perhaps just my interpretation of) the lore. It struck me as being cursed for killing them, that all those monkeys could just as easily be other cursed and transformed beings. Since they have those trinkets, it can be determined that they either value them, or are unable to get rid of them themselves, and since they can't steal them from you like they can other items, that makes it less likely that they're carrying them by choice. Thus, if we wanted to keep with that interpretation of the lore, the only way to 'share' them would be to get them from your fellow survivors the same way you got them from the monkeys.

Yeah, the sharing thing is just something I thought last minute to make the management of who has the accursed trinkets in the group easier so it's not exactly all that thought through.

It's not like sharing accursed trinkets is gonna be needed that much if Klei just goes ahead and implements my first suggestion anyways as you would only need a single banana to get rid of that one trinket and the one who wants to stay Wonkey could just go to the Moon Quay to get more trinkets once they've reached their last one so I'm happy with just the first suggestion being implemented and the second one being ignored completely.

Or maybe if someone thinks of something, the second suggestion could be more fleshed out, who knows!

Archived