help with implementing ideas into a mod (need help with/advice about coding)

1. so. I'm making my own mod. can do everything by myself but need a bit of help with coding. I understand how Don't Starve code works. not 100%, but definitely alot. I was curious if anyone could tell me if implementing some sort of required rest feature. for example, I had an idea for a character that needs to rest at least in game 3 hours a day (rest - not do anything. sleeping or eating mandrake soup also counts) or they'll experience sanity loss the more time elapses and 1 damage every 5 tics. would coding such a thing be possible? 

2. I wonder if it would be possible implementing a... device or a meter of a sort which would measure how much time is left until they need to rest (energy level meter or something). 

3. plus I was wondering if implementing new mechanics would be too hard of a job? mechanics being, for example, Wanda's time or Wolfgang's mightiness.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I hope what I listed is understandable

Thanks to anyone who responds with even a tiny bit of info, everything is appreciated :>

Archived