How can I have a mod that creates a new Biome?

I have searched the workshop and I can't seem to find anything that adds a new biome to the world. There are mods that add new 'caves' to the world, stuff like Creeps In the Deeps or the Steam Biome mod, but there is nothing that I can find that simply creates a new biome in a world. 

Is there a tutorial on this that I am missing? Maybe some mod that could help me learn the process? I would assume that creating a new biome would be fairly simple, but based on the fact that no one has made a mod that does it, I get a feeling that it actually might be really hard.

Does anyone have any information that they can provide? Maybe a mod or something? Some basic code to get me going alone my path? Basically I want to add a new biome to a Vanilla DS world with new prefabs and such.

Thanks fellas, any info would be appreciated. 

I know it's not much and it's probably outdated but it's the only one I could find. there are probably other people who know how to do it but so far, haven't seen any. try figuring out how biome code works if you can find it and implement some info from this guide if it still works. I'll tell ya if I find anything else. I think there MIGHT be some biome mods. 

On 6/26/2022 at 4:59 PM, LogiElaire said:

I know it's not much and it's probably outdated but it's the only one I could find. there are probably other people who know how to do it but so far, haven't seen any. try figuring out how biome code works if you can find it and implement some info from this guide if it still works. I'll tell ya if I find anything else. I think there MIGHT be some biome mods. 

Ay, thanks man, i'll check it out

Archived