Winter as starting season

Hello. I've been trying to survive under circumstances of harsh starting seasons. I tried summer and it was manageable. On Day 1 you won't get overheated so you could manage to build science machine and alchemy engine and get cooled down by endothermic fires and thermal stones. But starting as winter I found that everything became insanely hard. You would get frozen even on Day 1 and the day night cycle was the same as fifth day of a typical winter. That is not fair. To my mind it was advisable to set Day 1 as the first day of a normal winter in terms of environment, temperature, day-night cycle and so on.

I think I was wrong. Keep burning trees, and temperature and light are both guaranteed. I will finally set up alchemy machine and craft thermal stone. In summer you just cannot lower temperature in such a simple way.

2 hours ago, Nicolas Liu said:

I think I was wrong. Keep burning trees, and temperature and light are both guaranteed. I will finally set up alchemy machine and craft thermal stone. In summer you just cannot lower temperature in such a simple way.

If you start in summer then you have to get into caves and prepare there or use a whirly fan while running under a tree to cool down a bit. If you had time to prepare and have a prestihatiator and a blue gem you can spend 1 blue gem and 3 gold for chilled amulet which cools you down. You just have to give up the backpack slot and use overheating protection like an eyebrella, an umbrella, the desert goggles or a floral shirt. The amulet won't last long on its own it lasts 6 minutes but every 30 insulation makes every second of cooling with the amulet worth an extra second of not having to cool down but there's a limit to how cold can you get wear the amulet for about 20 seconds if you start overheating then switch to floral shirt or summer frest it should last you whole summer with no need to stop near endothermic fires, looking for water balloons or spending down feathers you got during spring.

Archived