How to place the glowberry 'emit light' effect onto another food item?

minty1

Hey hey! I've started coding a Don't Starve mod character and I am really enjoying the process, so far most problems I have encountered were fixable with a little dedication. Though I am having some trouble with getting the Glowberry light effect to work on a different item. I am not exactly sure what I should do to fix the issue, no idea where to start to be honest.

What I want to do is to have a food item where when you eat it and gain a temporary light emitting effect for a lil' bit. I presumed I would be able to be easily copy and paste the code into a prehab file, and then rework the code a little to have it work on a different item. Anything I do results in a crash, freeze or lack of a glowing effect though.

I was hoping someone on the forums would be able to help me out with this? Or perhaps, if anyone has a mod that has a food item which provides light when eaten then I would be very thankful if you would post it here.

Thanks! 

*NOTE: I should mention that I have no prior coding knowledge and that this character mod I'm making is quite basic, sort of a practice thing.

I think you can set a OnEatenFn for your food item with this:

inst.components.edible:SetOnEatenFn(
      function(inst, eater) -- This function is from wormlight.lua prefab
          if eater.wormlight then
                eater.wormlight.components.spell.lifetime = 0
                eater.wormlight.components.spell:ResumeSpell()
          else
                local light = SpawnPrefab("wormlight_light")
                light.components.spell:SetTarget(eater)
                if not light.components.spell.target then
                        light:Remove()
                end
                light.components.spell:StartSpell()
          end
      end)

Archived