100% Volcano Utilization

5 hours ago, Hakon said:

That's a really nice build, I had never heard of a rust melter.

I saw Francis John make one once and it makes liquid iron.  Similar to how boil crude oil into petroleum produces more petroleum than an oil refinery, and beetas make more enriched uranium than a uranium centrifuge, some other example involving cooking tiles into another state and then condensing them, a rust melter makes more iron than using a rust deoxdizer and a metal refinery.  If you notice Rime has Rust biome, but there's no salt in those biomes, implying a greater density of rust in Rime rust biomes than elsewhere.  So, the game wasn't kidding about Rime providing great opportunities for industry in another way than having every type of metal ore.

I like this, but if this is 100% volcano utilization, why do I see unused magma apparently from the volcano there?

On 4/10/2022 at 10:41 AM, Spoonwood said:

I like this, but if this is 100% volcano utilization, why do I see unused magma apparently from the volcano there?

The volcano averages 1.19 Kg/s of magma between idle periods and dormancies. The two valves each pass 595 g/s of magma (for the 1/10 piped state change trick). The tank is just large enough that it will rise and fall but never become full or empty.

11 minutes ago, BT_20 said:

The volcano averages 1.19 Kg/s of magma between idle periods and dormancies. The two valves each pass 595 g/s of magma (for the 1/10 piped state change trick). The tank is just large enough that it will rise and fall but never become full or empty.

Well done!

Archived