Idea Pitch: Lunar Event Mini-Metheus Puzzles

Dear DST Forums,

How many of you can remember the feeling of completing the Metheus Puzzle for the FIRST TIME? I do... me and MinerToast did it on our PS4s. Took an ungodly number of tries just to get the Ruins Prep List DECIPHERED. As luck would have it... we ended up with a really simple list of items after all the goofs I caused during the deciphering stage. The rest went rather smoothly... or as smoothly as one could hope for on console. Later on, completing it on PC with NikkiH... we used some "shortcuts" to expedite the process. *wink wink nudge nudge*

And I swear, for as long as I live that I will remember me, Nikki, and Sensei Toast doing that because it was such a wonderful and rewarding experience... or rather it was a very memorable moment that enhanced the bond between me and Toast... as well as both of our connections to DST. It was suuuuuuper freakin' complex and took QUITE a bit of time and effort just for some digital items that only exist in the DST-metaverse aka The Constant. But... I did bond with a buddy and get some really, REALLY cool in-game skins... and I think it would be fun to duplicate that experience for all players of DST. I feel it will be beneficial for both the community and company... or rather "everyone will like this".

Here's how I think that could be achieved using the Kitcoon Event as an exmaple. What if...

What if during the Lunar Events there were mini-Metheus Puzzles games we were completing and doing so resulted in one-time-only in-game skins... would that increase your level of interest and activity... and enjoyment... during the Lunar Events? My answer: "fudge" yes it would.

Let's say during the Kitcoon Event, where the essence is to explore all the biomes and collect kitties... two items that are great for exploring and collecting are a cool Walking Cane and a cute Backpack, right? So let's say once you've unlocked the 9th and final Kitcoon King Kitty, no matter how long it took, that unlocks a Kitcoon King Kitty Backpack skin. And if a player or group of players could unlock the 9th Kitcoon before the end of Day 9... their Walking Cane they shall refine... or simply said that would unlock a Kitcoon King Kitty themed Walking Cane with a little crown on top of it and like a bouncy Catcoon Tail Charm hanging on it... maybe?

So that's an idea to increase interest, activity, and hopefully enjoyment for future DST Lunar Year Events... given how much I enjoyed the Metheus Puzzle, these would be simpler, yet more widely accessible, versions of that... and I will say I love the idea of collecting rare event skins over the years... and making newbs turbo jelly when they see them... just being honest. 

Thoughts, ideas, or questions are always welcome. Thank you for your time and considerations and have a wonderful weekend!

WishfulThinking Hugs and Kisses,
MrWorm

Archived