Don't Starve: Bug Hotfix & Suggestions (2022) +

Hello, I've come with some developments. This post follows another I made a while ago back in may 2021 to add a couple more ideas to Don't Starve and its DLCs. Bugs will be marked by B and suggestions by S. Only 1 bug to squash:

B1. Wagstaff has a visual bug where his model twitches constantly.

S1. I get that Wagstaff is supposed to be senile (based on his 150 points of sanity) but he could get more sanity maybe? He's old but smart (say, like 175), either that or please decrease the radius of blurred vision (make it sort of match the insanity effect but a bit more constricting) - it can hurt people with photosensitive eyesight and even make headaches worse. Speaking of photosensitivity, the fog effect lights up my screen brighter than the sun (can also hurt one's eyes during evening gaming sessions).

S2. Other characters should be able to use Wickerbottom's books and Wagstaff's items, not sure about the telebrella but I mean the goggles, sure, it sort of makes sense having a blurred vision with the spectoggles but other characters should be able to use the nightvision goggles or even the fireball ones with no fault. Haven't tried using the pew-matic horn with any other character than Wheeler (but it would be cool if that were an option).

S3. We should be able to permanently stop the aporkalypse in some way, and only that would trigger the pig fiesta, instead of surviving like 3 days of aporkalypse to get that result (there should be a sort of ON/OFF switch to it). Using dark tatters as a main ingredient to stopping it (making the player fight the boss at least once).

S4. Would be funny if we could befriend neutral ancient heralds with a certain amount of purple gems and nightmare fuel (don't say it's not possible because 4 monster meat trigger the transformation of pigmen into werepigs; and 10 oincs given to an aggro'd royal guard neutralize him).

S5. Mant warriors should attack anything that isn't part of their colony (found myself in a pickle after the royal guards I hired teamed up with mant warriors against me to frick my sheet up for picking up their precious, fallen comrade's butt tail).

S6. Miner and fixer pigs should be able to defend themselves (since they carry pickaxes/hammers) when attacked but they won't defend other pigs; equip the farmer pig with a pitchfork and give him the same game mechanic.

S7. Hippos should be aggressive in water but not on land (opposite of water beefalo). They won't "goomba stomp" in water (that ability should be reserved for land), they will attack by bites and they should be a thing in SW (they won't coexist with water beefalo). Make baby hippos and baby water beefalo a thing!

S8. Hippopotamoose horns and porcupine quills should have a lot more uses, they could be used in crafting of weapons and armor (and even for nautical tab crafting, the horns could be used in a recipe of a low quality ram, and equipped in the hand slot as low durability/high damage weapons - just like elephant cactus spikes are equipped).

The End?

Archived