Can Console players get Mouse and Keyboard support for the next QoL?

I think it would be great if console players could plug a Mouse and Keyboard into their Xbox and use it to play Don't Starve Together. The console controls on the controller are pretty great, but there are a handful of things you can't do and it makes it really difficult to use certain items or play as certain characters. For example, one of Wortox's abilities is to teleport, on PC you can just right click on the screen and teleport wherever you click, however it's different on console. Instead you have a predetermined area that you can teleport to. You don't really choose, but you have to adjust your character by facing the direction you want to teleport to, rather than a simple right click. This also applies for Deep Sea fishing rods, Lazy Explorers, and Star/Moon Caller Staves.

896887712_Screenshot2022-01-27225420.png.fbbfe1b89b9938191b848f43150851c9.png

It is also extremely difficult to use Weather panes. Many strategies on YouTube require the use of weather panes against certain bosses, such as Toadstool for the Mushroom Trees, Crab king to keep him from regenerating health, and Ancient Fuel Weaver to stop the woven shadows from healing him. Since a player can't simply right click on an object from a distance, it's very difficult to get the full use out of a weather pane that PC players can. For Crab king and Fuel Weaver, it is especially difficult, because in the AFW (Ancient Fuel Weaver) fight, normally PC players can use the weather pane on AFW to prevent him eating woven shadows while they would take out the shadow hands. However in console, woven shadows have a higher targeting priority than AFW, meaning when he is near multiple woven shadows, the game will target them with the weather pane over him, and sure you can press down the left stick to activate the lock-on ability on AFW specifically, and that would work, if the button to use the weather pane wasn't the same button to de activate the lock-on effect. The same goes for Crab King. Weather panes are essential in the fight to prevent CK (Crab King) from healing himself. Not only that, but to put the gems on CK to start the fight is difficult, because the game kept targeting the anchor on my boat over CK. Now the guide I used was Lakhnish Monster's CK guide. During the parts where CK heals himself, Wilson get's 2 hits in on the Claws, and uses the weather pane on CK from where he is standing so he can continue to fight the claws with ease and waste as little time as possible (Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Kko5z05N0&t=236s : Time stamp where CK begins to heal is 4:16). However when I attempted to do the fight on console, During CK's healing phase I had to stop attacking the claw, walk up to CK with the weather pane so the game would target him, and then use it. I also remember the weather pane wouldn't allow you to use it on CK until you targeted and untargeted him. So I had to walk up to CK, press down on the left sick, use the weather pane, walk back to the claw, get 2 hits in, walk back to CK, target and un-target him, and then use the weather pane on him. Not only was this very time consuming, but it was the phase I lost every single time. There is just so much PC can do that console can't (Mods lol), but adding mouse and keyboard support for console players would just make everything nicer.

P.S. : This is my first ever post on the forums, so I kinda don't know what I'm doing but I thought this would be the best way to reach out and get my word out there.

Archived