Home Sweet Home DLC Max Difficulty

Kevort68

I'm huge fan of ONI (3000+ hours) and am still learning. But most of the time I quit each game after a while (between 200-500 cycles) and restart the game looking for a new challenge. I always wonder what others would have done with the same map I played. So I thought: lets post it here to see if more people would like to give it a try.

The goal in this challenge:

-          Start the game using the attached savegame. You start with 3 dupes (researcher, digger and farmer). You play in survival mode on a small asteroid with the game settings at max difficulty and no care packages.

-          Goal: Achieve Home Sweet Home at 200 cycles with the largest number of dupes possible

Requirements

1.       You need Spaced Out DLC

2.       NO mods allowed that change the basic gameplay, only mods that improve user interaction and repair some basic things that are annoying in the basis game. Allowed are UI mods like “MaterialColor”, “Bigger Building Menu”, “Bigger Camera Zoomout”, “Show Building Ranges” or “No Long commutes”.
For repairing annoying things mods like the following are allowed: “Pliers fixed” and “Smart mop”, “Sweep by Type”, “Bottle emptier variable size” or “BottleToPipes”. These are mods that fix things that would otherwise require multiple steps or (boring) intensive player attention.

3.       Any game-mechanic that are possible in the basis game may be used if you want to use them. The game has some limitations that can be exploited (for example because there can be only 1 material in 1 tile) and some elements are a bit overrated. If you want to make it harder for yourself and not use them: great! Please let us know about that when you post your results.

4.       You may have as many attempts as you want but when you share your results inform us about reloading or number of attempts to succeed.

5.       Do may not use sandbox or debug mode. You play against yourself, so don’t cheat on yourself

Rules to participate

1.       Keeps this thread clean: Reply to this post ONCE to inform the world that you give it a try. After that, post all other things regarding your gameplay as replies to your own reply, or comment on somebody else in his/her reply. Share also the mods you are using and why you use them

2.       Play the game

3.       During your game: let us know how you’re doing by replying to yourself. Be careful with spoilers like location and type of geysers.

4.       When you succeed the challenge (it has to be in cycle 200 or really short thereafter), reply to your starting post and attach a screenshot of the achievement screen to show that you met the Home Sweet Home Achievement and a picture of your base at 200 cycles.

Any questions, tips or problems?

If things are not clear, share them in the “Questions and Discussion” reply below. It’s the first time I start something likes this, so I assume there will be some.

Chal001HomeSweetHomeMaxDupeSTART.sav

Archived