Winston The Horror (nightmare character idea)

The Characters name is Winston The Horror. 

Winston is an escaped expirimental nightmare creature that was created when charlie was attempting to fortify her army and make it stronger, possibly because she is preparing for war with the lunar island or just security. Winston was pulled into the constant from his home life. He was a kid around 13 or so who had loving parents, and a great life. One day he was playing with his friends playing baseball when he hit the ball into some bushes. He then went to get the ball but fell down a hill and stumbled upon a shadow stalker doing surveilance (the same ones in maxwells apartment after the earthquake) The shadow stalker called a terrorbeak in to assist in capturing him to be used in expiriments. Winston was then pulled into the constant and expirimented on for years or months. Eventually when the ancient fuellweaver was defeated (or maybe something else) he escaped his horrible prison, being a disfigured fragment of his original self being made entirely of nightmare fuel. He lived a content life in the caves until he found a way up.

General Stats: 150 Health 150Hunger 75 Sanity

Drains 1.5 less hungar because food was scarce in the caves.

has PSTD and is quiet and meager usually only speaking when spoken to by other survivors. However he gets exited when killing nightmare creatures and gets 3 sanity whenever he kills one.

Walks 1.5 times faster on cobblestone and cave turf compared to other survivors. does not get slowed down by antlion circles.

Loses less saniy from all cave mobs except with cave monkeys where he loses more and does not get stun locked by them. Most cave mobs will have a shorter agro range and are more prone to losing intrest in winston.

Has night vision and takes damage in the light due to his new physiology, can be counteracted with a pair of goggles that last 3 days and can be crafted.

Loses sanity in the light at a rate of 5 per minute and loses no sanity in dusk. Same applies for light flowers or any other light including nightmare lamps. Could craft goggles that last longer with some type of gem and can craft goggles that last longer than that with moon glass. The goggles cannot be used by other characers. He gains sanity in the dark by 1 or 2 per minute. He can craft a tarp to be used above grounds to make it dark for him in certain areas to not rule out above ground bases. The tarp would be expensive and make it dark for him but not other survivors. 

Can craft nightmare fuel at the expense of health. 

Might be able to craft weapon that only he can use in the form of a more durable and more damaging spear with damage less than wigfrid spears. this weapons needs a science machine to craft and can be used by all characters.

Does not lose sanity from night armor or night swords. 

After 1 full year his body begins to break down and he gets 0.25 as much health from food to prevent getting infinite nightmare fuel body does not ever break down any more than this.

Uses less nightmare fuel when crafting any recipies as he knows how to use it more efficiantly.

Does 10% more damage to all nightmare things including ancient fuelweaver because he knows all of their weakspots.

TLDR:

cool nightmare character that puts an emphasis on cave bases, taking wortox's sanity management to the extreme, and building lore around charlie and her potential goals.

I also left out quotes that I thought of because I want to give the developers freedom and prevent people from maybe knowing everything about this character should klei choose to add it. I don't have many but this is what I have come up with.

Maxwell examining Winston: You poor thing what did Charlie do to you, what could her goals possibly be?

Maxwell would have a sympathetic and caring relationship for Winston seeing as he is a fragile kid with PTSD that was disfigured and scarred by the very person that took his power away from him and cast him away. Winston would see Maxwell as a caring fatherlike figure and his examination on him may read: he took me in and helped me, I must repay that kindness and help him destroy the person that did this to me. When Winston examines Maxwell's Codex Umbra it may read: The very thing that did this to me, I am sad that Maxwell is using this but it is neccecerry to survive.

When a character examines Winston it could read: It's wet, squishy and gross, but at least it's helping out. When examining Winston's goggles it may read: were built for eyes different from mine. Wilson might say: a facinating device, can it help me take over the world? Maybe winnona would say: How did such a young boy build something so brilliant?

The problem with making a nightmare character is that shadows are kind of Maxwell's thing so I tried to put more of an emphasis on cave dwelling and kept the shadows out of gameplay a decent amount in areas I could for the sake of keeping Maxwell unique.

One last thing that I forgot to mention: Winston is a monster so pigs are hostile

Archived