Hey all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in (please direct me if it isn't) but I recently had a system crash and my save was corrupted. Looking at the save file, it appears as if the shardindex and last save was corrupted but the previous saves appear to be intact. Is it possible to rebuild the shardindex file and load one of the previous saves? 

So I found a fix with the help of this topic. If anyone else runs into this issue and they have a previous save intact:

• Make a copy of corrupted cluster, just in case.
  • Open don't starve and create a new world; I created one with same world generation settings as previous one.
  • Disconnect from world and open new world cluster save file.
  • Open master, save, and copy shard index and shardsaveindex
  • Open same corrupted directory
  • Delete corrupted shardindex and shardsaveindex file and paste your copied shard index files
  • Go into the save file for your corrupted cluster, click on session, random id, than delete last session id's that were corrupted.
  • Open up the previous session id file with notepad and search for session, copy the session id.
  • Open the shard index file you copied earlier and replace the session id with the one you copied.

Archived