Reasons DST is fun to play with others

This might be quite short, but I remember a couple of times where me and my friend where messing around in DST in some of his servers. They weren't serious games and I was very new to DST, but they were fun. he was always Wilson and I was using the Scout mod, and he was always on godmode too, and whenever he goes on godmode, pure madness rises. Like for example...

1. One time he spawned a bunch of pig houses in rows (like, 1000 of them) so the game ended up being super laggy with all these pigs everywhere. We were both screaming in the chat and laughing at the chaos before we both burned everything down, which really didn't solve the pig problem until he despawned all of them in one go. In the end, he spawned a Deerclops who killed me and I had to figure out how a life amulet worked while he was yelling in the chat telling me to click it. :wilson_laugh:

2. I wasn't in game for this one, but me, him and another friend where in a Discord group chat, and he was playing DST while I was in Garry's mod, and the other person was doing... something. I'm not sure. but anyway, he found a pig village and was talking about a pig he befriended named Butters and he was quite happy about it. We went on talking for a bit before he came across something in the game that tried attacking him.

It was pretty suspenseful. Like, there was this moment of silence, no one spoke for a few seconds. and then, like he'd been thrown into a group of hounds, my friend started screaming "NOOOOOOO BUTTERS!" at the top of his lungs, and there was an eruption of laughter between the chat.

It went on for about 20 minutes of him grieving the loss of his pig friend and to this day we sometimes mention Butters and pay respects to him. See you, space pig... :wilson_cry:

3. This one's my favourite, we were playing DST sometime after the Return Of Them update was newly released, and he showed me how boats worked for the first time. We were sailing the ocean, screaming at sea rocks (yeah I forgot to mention, he screams a lot for comedic purposes and just to be silly) that hit our boat, went fishing and freaked out over the sails not closing fast enough. So in other terms, it was going pretty well. That was, until we heard this screech in the sky.

A wild albatross had appeared! It dove down and attacked our boat and we were totally unprepared for it. We lost our fish tin and there were like 3 holes in the boat while we ran around in circles desperately trying to steer the boat back to shore. He was like "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT" and pulled out an oar and tried to spam his way back, but oars obviously don't row that fast, so we had to do it at a normal pace just to avoid the albatross. We ended up dying, but it was super fun and we had a good laugh about it. :wilson_dorky:

Hope you enjoyed these, they were really fun to remember because it was just two guys messing around in a multiplayer game about a dorky scientist trying not to go hungry! :wilsontea:

Archived